Lease financing

12,601 views

Published on

1 Comment
16 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • A RELIABLE AND A GENUINE PROVIDER THAT CAN DELIVER BANK GUARANTEE AND OTHER FORM OF BANKING INSTRUMENTS FOR LEASE WHICH ARE MAINLY FRESH CUT.

    Bank instruments which are cash backed can be used as thus; clients looking for loans to finance their businesses also serve as a collateral to get loans from banks in other to engage into any project at hand further details will be emailed upon request.

    Email: mklease.broker@gmail.com
    Skype ID: mklease.broker
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here
No Downloads
Views
Total views
12,601
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
885
Comments
1
Likes
16
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • M.W.I
  • Lease financing

    1. 1. Lease Financing
    2. 2. Lease-Defined <ul><li>lease is a contractual arrangement </li></ul><ul><li>Using for equipment financing </li></ul><ul><li>In exchange of payments </li></ul>
    3. 3. Essential Elements of Leasing <ul><li>Parties to the contract </li></ul><ul><li>Asset according to lessee’s choice </li></ul><ul><li>Lease rentals to compensate the lessor </li></ul>
    4. 4. Types of Leasing <ul><li>Finance lease and operating lease </li></ul><ul><li>Sale and leaseback leasing </li></ul><ul><li>Direct leasing </li></ul><ul><li>Leveraged leasing </li></ul>
    5. 5. Financial Leasing (1/2) <ul><li>Lessor purchase the equipment and lease </li></ul><ul><li>Title retained by lessor </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor transfer the risk and reward </li></ul>
    6. 6. Financial Leasing (2/2) <ul><li>Non cancelable in lease period </li></ul><ul><li>Approached the economic life of asset </li></ul><ul><li>Examples: Ships, Aircrafts etc. </li></ul>
    7. 7. Operating Leasing (1/2) <ul><li>Shorter termed then economic life </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor provides service as well as maintenance </li></ul><ul><li>The lease rental is the cost of service provided </li></ul>
    8. 8. Operating Leasing (2/2) <ul><li>Cancelable at any time by lessee </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor depends on more than 2 lease </li></ul><ul><li>Examples: Auto mobiles, computer, office equip etc. </li></ul>
    9. 9. Sale and Leaseback Leasing <ul><li>An indirect from of Leasing </li></ul><ul><li>Owner sell the equipment to lessor </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor then lease is to lessee </li></ul>
    10. 10. Direct Leasing <ul><li>consists of three parties </li></ul><ul><li>Usually:Supplier_lessor _lessee </li></ul><ul><li>Done by bank widely </li></ul>
    11. 11. Leveraged Leasing( 1/2) <ul><li>Parties: lessor, lender and lessee </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor buy asset by borrowing </li></ul><ul><li>Transaction is routed through a trustee </li></ul>
    12. 12. Leveraged Leasing(2/2) <ul><li>Trustee look after interest of lessor and lender </li></ul><ul><li>Lessor finance at least 20% </li></ul><ul><li>Lender finance the remaining 80% </li></ul>
    13. 13. Capital leases(1/2) <ul><li>The conditions for capital lease are </li></ul><ul><li>Transfer the title to lessee </li></ul><ul><li>Purchase asset at bargain Price option </li></ul><ul><li>Lease period should not less than 75% </li></ul><ul><li>Payments should not less than 90% of fair value </li></ul>
    14. 14. Capital Lease (2/2) <ul><li>Capital Lease in Balance Sheet </li></ul>Assets AmountTk. Liabilities AmountTk. Gross fixed assets Less: Accumulated depreciation and amortization Net fixed assets 100k 20k ---------- Tk. 120k ---------- ---------- Current obligations under capital leases Noncurrent obligations under capital leases 24k 28k
    15. 15. Amortizing the capital lease <ul><li>Capital lease must be amortized </li></ul><ul><li>Liability reduced over the lease period </li></ul><ul><li>Amortization and interest treated as expense </li></ul>
    16. 16. Lessor’s Return(1/4 ) <ul><li>The return depends on 3 things </li></ul><ul><li>The length of the lease </li></ul><ul><li>The periodic lease payments </li></ul><ul><li>The residual value assumption </li></ul>
    17. 17. Lessor’s Return(2/4 ) <ul><li>Determining lessor’s return: </li></ul>
    18. 18. Lessor’s Return(3/4 ) <ul><li>Problem to determining lessor’s return: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Z Company will lease a machine that costs Tk. 140,000 to purchase. The terms of the lease call for Tk. 6,500 quarterly payments payable in advance for 6 years. At the end of 6 years, Z Company will have a residual value of Tk. 40,000. </li></ul></ul>
    19. 19. Lessor’s Return(4/4) <ul><li>We can solve the problem in the way: </li></ul>
    20. 20. Lease payment(1/2) <ul><li>Problem to determining the lease payment: </li></ul><ul><li>The lessor wanted a 12% return, and the cost of the asset is Tk. 140,000 and a residual value of Tk. 40,000 was expected. </li></ul>
    21. 21. Lease Payment(2/2)

    ×