•Enjoy Public Recognition•Prominent profile in media•Wider influence in public life & society.
• Attract more attention to the advertisement• Celebs more powerful than non-celebrities• Brand value is defined and refreshed by the celebrity• Celebrity adds new edge and dimension to the brand
• Establishes credibility• Attracts attention• Associative benefit• Connect to the audience• Mass appeal
• Celebrity Endorsements are very expensive• Selection of celebrity is more important than its use• The recognition, image &reputation of celebrity and his/ her suitability with the product is important
Celebrities are also used by brands to reassure people”s trust towards thecompany like:-• Amitabh Bachan promoting Cadbury• ShahRukh Khan advertising Lux• Aamir Khan visiting Coke plants after the pesticide case
The new breeding grounds for celebrity• IPL as exciting for both corporate as well as celebrity• Hot shots like Shahrukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Shilpa Shetty asfranchisee owners• Hrithik, Akshay kumar,Katrina kaif, Kareena as team endorsers• Sachin, MS Dhoni ,Ganguly as players
• Known products and names are sold more than unknown ones.• More or less every consumer has a brand preference..• Celebrities are after all mere mortals made of flesh and blood like us.
Amitabh Bachan In POLIO – “Do boond zindagi ki”. Amitabh Bachan in HIV- AIDS. Aamir Khan in incredible India- “Atithi Devo Bhava”
Fame is only temporary Celebrities are human they also make mistakes. Eg:- 1.Tiger Woods, the golfer, lost his endorsemnt deals when he announced about his relationships 2. Sourav Ganguly also lost a number of brand ad”s after his exit from captaincy
• Marketers pay a lot of money to celebrity endorsee thinking that these stars will bring magic to their brand. However,• Today’s customer shops very smartly, knows that these celebrities are paid and hence only with good brand positioning can you win the customer’s hearts and gin brand loyalty.• There should be an idea that makes celebrity relevant to the product and the consumer.