<< PIP >>
Yilmaz Guleryuz [ @WareNinja ]
Kim Leskovsky [ @iterate_no ]
“In every job that must be done,
there is an element of fun.
You find the fun, and snap!
The job’s a game!”
-- Mary Poppins
● with Examples!
● ...and one more thing :-)
Just for marketing or sales
Just Points, Badges, Leaderboards
Making everything a game
● NOT Rocket science!
The use of
& game design
in non-game contexts.
● Some objectives
other than success in the game
● Business, school, social impact, etc.
Image Source: Kevin Werbach’s lectures ...
Gamification is PIP!
LLearning Source: Dan Ariely http://danariely.com/
Bartle's “Player” Types
Bartle's model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_Test
Image Source: http://frankcaron.com/Flogger/?p=1732
Progression Ladder (Player journey)
Keep in mind when...
a Gamified flow
it’s all about the Player!
● Meaningful choices
● Analytical & Creative
● Engagement & Progression
● Challenges & Rewarding experience
● Gamification can motivate
● Fun can, and should, be designed
● Applicable in many domains:
external, internal, behavior change, ...
Is it right for my business?
● Where would you derive value from
● Are your target activities sufficiently
● Can the desired behaviors be modeled