Continuous Delivery is the highest form of Continuous Integration. More than just automated deployment, Continuous Delivery involves a mindset change - any build that passes the necessary quality gates can be deployed into production on demand.
In this talk, 'Jenkins: The Definitive Guide' author John Ferguson Smart discusses strategies enabling you to turn your Jenkins server into a Continuous Delivery platform, including:
- Ways to ensure your builds are always production-ready - automatically!
- Parameterizing your builds with style!
- Using build pipelines and build promotion in Jenkins to filter out poor builds and streamline the build process.
- Reusing artifacts across builds
- Rolling back and redeploying previous builds
- Deploying to app servers and to the cloud
This talk is aimed at developers and build engineers with some previous experience with Hudson/Jenkins.