If you are working with
REST / RESTful / HTTP
APIs, then move ahead.
We all know that automation is the
only way to test and deliver your
application in short and iterative
Many organisations start test
automation and end up with either
suboptimal or failed test
Reasons are one or more of
• Initial effort required to setup the test automation is
• Skillful resources required
• Lack of test management functions
• Maintenance issues
• and many more …
1. Initial Setup
First major problem in test automation, is setting up
initial set of test cases.
• vREST provides a browser extension that helps you
to record test cases for your web application.
• Thousands of test cases can be written in a very
• You can also create your test cases manually, with
very less effort in vREST.
2. Skillful resources
Suppose you have chosen a framework which requires you to
write your test cases in JAVA, then in order to complete your test
automation task, you need proﬁcient JAVA developers.
REST is an architectural style that is platform and language
independent, So free yourself from any language dependencies.
• vREST removes the burden of yours to write test cases
programmatically and provides you a simple, intuitive and yet
powerful interface, to build your automated test suite.
• You don’t need any programming language experience in
order to work with vREST.
3. Managing Test cases
Ok. You have chosen a good tool and you have very
proﬁcient test team. But if you have not managed
your test cases properly then all your effort may be
• vREST provides you to group your test cases by
tags, test suites, versions etc.
• You need not start from scratch for next version of
your APIs. With a single click, you can replicate test
cases of existing version.
4. Test Suite Maintenance
OK, you have developed your initial test suite. But, if
updating your test cases requires large amount of effort then
it will be difﬁcult to maintain your test cases.
• vREST provides very powerful features like bulk
operations, search and replace to update a large number
of test cases with few clicks.
• Reports like diff reports helps you to pin point the changes
that are required for your test cases and you can use in-
built functions like “Copy Actual to Expected Results” after
reviewing the reports.
Apart from test case
automation, vREST helps in
• Specifying REST API Speciﬁcations
• Mocking REST APIs
Specifying REST APIs
• helps you to remove ambiguities among team
• Backend team will know in advance, what they are
going to produce.
• Frontend team will know in advance, what they
have to consume.
• Team remains in sync will make your development
Mocking REST APIs
• vREST provides Mock Server which you can use to
mock your REST APIs.
• This will help you to make your development more
• With the help of mock APIs, you can decouple your
frontend from backend.
• Backend and frontend team can now work in
We would love to hear from you. You can ask your
queries via any of the modes available below:
• Ping us on live chat
• Join our forum (vrest-users), and raise your queries
• Directly drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know your queries.