This Kickstarter will support the production costs to make a complete series of online courses that teach smartphone video production using step-by-step video tutorials.
My video course, "Make Smartphone Video Like a Pro - Level 1" is a hit I want to do exactly the same thing with the next five modules so that students can have a complete film school in their pocket.
What I want to build:
I want to create a complete video course to teach a novice how to make quality videos with a smartphone. A Masterclass of 100 lessons that a student can literally keep in their pocket.
The course modules that this Kickstarter will support include:
• Apps and Gear
• Camera and filming
• Making interviews
• Story planning
• Video editing
When finished, the entire course can be taken using a mobile app.
I call this project the SMART FILM SCHOOL.
It will be a complete film school that takes a smartphone owner from novice to confident video maker in six steps.
The SMART FILM SCHOOL courses
• The film school will be initially offered at $300.
• Individual courses will be priced at $100 and contain 20 lessons on average.
How is this course different from others?
• Students will get full lifetime access (including mobile access to all lessons) for a single price.
• Video courses that teach these in-depth techniques typically cost thousands of dollars.
• Students can take the course at any time and revisit lessons.
• Organizations will be able to buy site licenses in bulk at a discount.
• The instructor is a qualified and experienced teacher, so is able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
• The instructor has already produced a highly successful, popular and highly rated course in smartphone video
• The courses feature broadcast quality video lessons, quizzes, exercises and case studies.
My introductory video course (Called Make Smartphone Video Like a Pro - Level 1) launched last week on Udemy and has attracted several hundred students and earned more than 20 five-star reviews.
That first course introduces the types of videos you can make as well as the apps and gear that work for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone devices.
The first course is available now.
What people seem to love about it is the high quality video lessons and the practical, step-by-step approach.
The ratings and reviews show that people are excited about how this course is being taught.
Students can not only use their smartphone to make videos, they will be able to use it to take these courses using the Udemy app. When a student buys one of these courses, they own it and can access it at any time.
I believe in the power of telling great stories with video and I want to see more storytellers own that knowledge themselves, at an affordable price.