Mobile first design has been taking centrestage in the consumer internet media stage. This makes it extremely important for the Design/development community to understand the intricacies, pitfalls and the right practices about it.
From my own experiments, I have elicited few interesting protcols and practices for the same. The presentation aims to share the results of the successful experiments and open up discussion on what the best way forward can be.
Outline of the talk:
1. Understanding the need for mobile sites
2. Going through the basics of a fluid interface; differences between responsive sites and mobile sites
3. Bottom up approach - first build minimum features for the smaller screens. It helps keep the lean approach alive.
4. Optimized content structuring - limited size on small screens calls for relevant and optimized content layouts
5. Ensuring the right experience on small screen devices via optimized front end