Is your organization constantly going through the same development path to produce your e-Learning... rehashing the same code, digging through line after line of spaghetti, and not seeing any real reuse benefits? If you want to leverage your intellectual property, and put your toolset to work for you, come ready to take note of practical tools, tips, and techniques you can employ immediately to enjoy productivity benefits.
In this session, you’ll learn secrets that Rapid Development gurus use. If you are tired of simple tools that speed up development, but really tie your hands when it comes to true customization, you need to learn more about application programming interfaces (APIs). The Web 2.0 world has largely been shaped by the emergence of Web services and the dominance of XML, yet so few e Learning development programs allow you to tap into those powerful tools. You’ll leave this session with ideas on how to build your own APIs, or use preexisting ones, right away.
In this session, you will learn:
* The benefits of building content in a reusable format
* Practical examples of reusable e-Learning concepts
* How to apply object-oriented development techniques to e-Learning
* What APIs are, and how you can use them to speed up development
* Techniques for designing your own e-Learning APIs
* Designing data schemas for flexibility
Advanced designers and developers with basic programming skills in ActionScript, and who have edited XML. Deeper understanding of XML concepts and terminology will assist in greater understanding of this topic.