Micro Blogging tool that answers to 1 question:
“what are you doing?”
• Answers question in short sentences of 140
characters or less.
• It’s permission based; people opt in to follow you
and get your tweets; can easily opt outout.
• Twitter is one of the fastest growing.
• ‘I t t messaging on steroids’
‘Instant i t id ’
• Demographics:politicians; celebrities; news anchors
• Total visits in April 2010 = 180 million
How To Use Twitter
• Use Twitter to share news and tips with your
Tweet value keeping in mind ''signal t noise ratio‘,
t l k i i i d i l to i ti ‘
less noise and more value.
• Show you care by demonstration, communicating
with people and sharing resources and helping
people find solutions to their problems.
• Twitter is great way to build new relationships and
g y p
• Most users on Twitter already on Facebook
Great Twitter Tools
Tweetdeck most popular
• it organizes your Twitter experience with columns
– 1st column: Messages from all followers
– 2nd column: direct messages
– 3rd column: show @ replies
– 4th column: search results per specific topic of interest
• Can group people from your entire following list
SocialOomph (Known as Tweetlater before)
• Schedule Tweets
Sc edu e eets
• Track keywords on Twitter
• Send welcome DM’s to followers
Hootsuite and 100’s more tools to choose from
Alexa ranking of 2 (
(second most trafficked website in the world)
• Currently 500 million active members,
• Predicted to be 630 million by 2011
• Demographics: fastest growing age group is 35-54.
• Can t
C set up group di discussion areas of i t
i f interest relating t
t l ti to
your business or causes
• Huge opportunities to set up FAN/Like Page
– Marketing your business
– Build a tribe around your brand
• Develop strategy in support of business vision.
• U d t b ild t t grow your b i
Used to build trust, business
How To Use Facebook
To Gain Most Benefits:
• Create primary objective for Facebook marketing e.g.
• Create place for fans to connect
• Build your email list
• Improve customer service
• Raise brand awareness
• Create FAN page for buzz around company & services
• Choose your core message, be consistent and relevant
• Use to demonstrate expertise & credibility
• Add friends/Fans strategically and build trust over time
• Use Facebook Social Advertising and run tests
• Include Facebook as part of overall marketing plan
• largest network of its kind
Small Business networking
• regardless if market is individuals or business
• Making connections, building relationships
• work with others creating new alliances and joint
Social Media and Blogs
A Blog has subscribers:
• audience on Facebook,
• an audience on Twitter,
• an audience on YouTube.
Integrate with other Social Media:
• A t
Automate processes – set-up f d t push your
t t feeds to h
blog posts to Twitter & your Facebook profile
• Use TwitterFeed to set-up different RSS feeds
particularly for your blog
Social Bookmarking was a way of saving your bookmarks
• If you liked a site, you would bookmark it
• To be able to get back to sites
• Friends, contacts can also see what you’ve bookmarked
Delicious was th pioneer
D li i the i
Benefits from the marketer's perspective:
• Send a lot of traffic, but tends to be fleeting traffic.
• Gives exposure.
• Research, guide to what people are interested in right now.
• Tends to lead to getting links, which is important influencing
g g p g
search engines to rank you highly.