Phone: +91 9600094441 DOB: 28-Oct-1983 Current location: Chennai email@example.com
Program Institution %/CGPA Year of completion
M Tech in CSE Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 7.71/10 2015
B Tech in CSE Gautam Buddh Technical University 63.46% 2010
• Secured All India Rank 124 in GATE CS/IT
• Qualified IIT-JEE exam and was among top 2% of applicants.
• Oracle certification for Java Enterprise Edition 5 Web Component Developer
• Sun Certification for Java Platform (SCJP 1.6)
• Languages: C, C++, Java, Java Script
• Familiar with: J2EE, JSP, Servlet, HTML, Spring MVC, Hibernate
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
• Database: MySQL
• IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans
• Currently employed at Amazon as Software Development Engineer (Since June 2015)
• ASR functionality on kindle: This project aims at enabling reading functionality for blind people on kindle
Acted as developer, modified templates for annotating things to be read in advertisements.
Did enabling of ASR mode on advertisements.
Initially this functionality was enabled only for reading books on kindle. I extended this
functionality for advertisements to be read out.
Also extended it to let blind people perform credit card transactions for buy from device type
of advertisements by annotating the responses coming from server on the device.
• Refactor the “View Special Offers” screen ASR support using “MultipleAccessibilityWidgetData”:
Acted as developer, understood the basic java side functionality of ASR currently
implemented on kindle.
Implemented “MultipleAccessibilityWidgetData” interface with VSO screen, which improves
performance of ASR on VSO screen on kindle.
• Enable Ad support for Kindle Free Time applications
Acted as developer, modified the required projects code to add functionality of KFT to the
Also tested the functionality completely by creating Ad packs on Ad portal with modified
• Resolved multiple issues and Jiras in various projects under DTCP team Amazon
Coordinated with different teams for the purpose.
Did analysis and requirement gathering.
Did modifications required in the code.
Also created Jiras for other teams, which were required while working on issues.
• Contributed in transfer of ownership of product from US team to India team.
Took handover from US team and shared the attained information regarding product with the
• Worked as Software Engineer at Attrix Technologies (November 2011 – March 2013)
• ManageMyAsc: It was concerned with the editing website of ManageMyAsc www.managemyasc.com.
Synchronized with client and manager, and changed the look and feel of website.
• Accounts managing software for a Finance Company: This project was created to manage accounts of
clients of the company and it also performs all the mathematical calculations involved (Aimed at shifting all
the work of company on computers and no work on paper (go green concept)).
Synchronized with client to understand the requirement and did development part of work.
Also developed the algorithm for performing all mathematical calculations.
• Worked as Software Engineer at Reppify India (October 2010 – October 2011)
• Reppify Search (module of www.reppify.com) : This project aims at collecting maximum possible
information of a candidate from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter by taking minimal inputs like email id, name
,location etc. And then store it to database for further analysis.
Acted as team lead, developed and implemented algorithm for minimal input to maximal
scrapping of data.
• Reppify Report (part of www.reppify.com) : It generates a report as JSP and pdf showing results after
performing analyses of data scrapped from various social networking websites.
Modified the existing report generation module.
• Online candidate screening for Skillslate (USA) : It was made to perform screening of candidates using data
scrapped from Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter. The data scrapped is converted to a standard format, and then
analyzed and scores are generated for comparing and screening candidates.
Did major part of development using prebuilt scrappers code.
ACADEMIC COURSE WORK
• Data structure and algorithms
• Operating System
• Memory based reasoning in Artificial Intelligence
• Introduction to Machine learning
• Advanced Data structure and algorithms
• Advanced programming lab
• Cryptography and network security
• Planning and constraint satisfaction
• Scanpath Analyses and its implication in Automated Surveillance (MTech Project IITM)
• This project aims at identifying anomaly or suspect through camera at a location using concepts of
Scanpath (eyes) aggregation and classification (under guidance of Prof. C. Pandu Rangan).
• Fuzzy Clustering (3 Months IITM)
• This project aims at using Fuzzy C-Means algorithm, implementing it and making output independent of selection of
initial cluster centers.
• Travelling Salesman Problem using ant colony optimization (BTech FY Project)
• This project aims at solving the Travelling Salesman Problem using a genetic algorithm known as Ant Colony
• The code was used to solve standard problems available online on TSPLIB and world level answers were produced for
• Online Examination (2 Months Internship at HP Education)
• This project aims for conducting online examination.
• Code was to be executed on server and the exams were conducted at client side online using the IP address of server.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Acted as a team lead in the project Reppify Search
• Lead TA for Software Lab CSE department IIT Madras (10 Months)
• Won an inter College paper presentation competition (Rendition 09)
• Qualified for grand finale round of TCS CodeVita (2014) a global coding contest conducted by Tata Consultancy.
• Qualified for final round in coding contest codexterous 2.0 conducted at HCST, Mathura
• Participated in Hackfest (Shaastra 2014 IITM)
• Secured second position in Badminton at CS Trophy at IITM