This bachelor thesis is focused on the relationship between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and
employee performance. The thesis is a literature research and thus a review by the work of others.
In earlier research on this topic conducted by Vroom (1964) was concluded that a positive
correlation between motivation and performance did not exist. However, later research proved
that it is indeed possible to motivate employees intrinsically and extrinsically to perform well. It
appears that when the organisation provides certain job characteristics, employees can be
motivated to perform well in the organisation. And it also appeared that intrinsic factors have
more effect on the relationship than extrinsic factors.
15 interesting dissertation topics on employee motivation
15 INTERESTING DISSERTATION TOPICS ON EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION
The best way to motivate you on writing an excellent dissertation is to choose a topic related to
motivation. You may do research on employee motivation and explore many methods to increase
the performance of workers. However, you need to narrow this idea in order to look at it from a
particular angle. Here you may look at different topic examples for your dissertation on employee
1. The role of employee motivation in an office environment.
Explore in your paper the importance of keeping office employees motivated.
2. Techniques of improving employee motivation depending on the goal of the company.
Discuss what techniques of motivation are better to use in certain conditions.
3. Methods of keeping employees motivated in stressful times.
Investigate in your dissertation how to motivate your employees in difficult times for the
4. Strategies of employee motivation that don’t include money rewards.
List and discuss how to motivate employees without raising their payments.
5. Results that might be faced by the organization with de-motivated employees.
Discuss the realcases when de-motivation of employees hasled to dreadfulconsequences
6. Game techniques in employee motivation.
Do research and explain how to apply game techniques to increase employees’
7. Individual approach in employee motivation: is it worthwhile?
Discuss in your dissertation whether it’s efficient to motivate each employee in separate
8. Money: is it the best way to motivate an employee?
Investigate whether money rewards and raising salary are the best motivational
9. Employee motivation and team building.
Explore in your paper what is the best way to build a highly motivated team of employees.
10. Comparison between public and private companies: whose employees are motivated
Do research and compare the motivational levels of employees in public and private
11. Influence of the organization’s growth on employee motivation.
Investigate whether an employee gets more motivated when the company where he or she
12. Employee motivation and expectancy theory.
Explore how to use a theory of expectations to better motivate employees.
13. Motivational techniques for non-profit organizations.
Discuss the nuances of motivation in an environment of non-profit organization in your
14. Reward and recognition programs: their influence on employees’ performance.
Explore how different motivational techniques affect the work of employees.
15. Influence of employee motivation on the quality of production.
Discuss whether proper motivation may increase not only the quantity of produced goods,
but also their quality.