M.Tech II Semester Supplementary Examinations, April 2011
TESTING & TESTABILITY
(For students admitted in 2009-2010)
(Common to VLSI Systems,VLSI Systems Design, VLSI & VLSID, Embedded Systems)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. (a) Describe the concepts of modeling & digital circuits at logic level & register level.
(b) Explain any two delay models.
2. (a) Describe with the help of examples single struck & multiple struck fault models.
(b) Explain any two fault simulation applications.
3. (a) Explain ATPG for SSFs in sequential circuits.
(b) How do you select ATPG tool? Explain.
4. (a) With the help of neat block diagram, explain the scan Architectures & Testing.
(b) How do you perform generic boundary scan?
5. (a) Explain board level & system level DFT approaches.
(b) What is meant by signature analysis? Explain.
6. (a) Explain the advanced concept & design for self-test at board level.
(b) What is STUMPS? Describe.
7. (a) List & explain any two types of memories & integration.
(b) Explain the memory test architecture.
8. Write short notes on the following:
(a) JTAG testing feature.
(b) Hazard detection.
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆