M.Tech I Semester Regular & Supplementary Examinations, April 2011
NETWORK SECURITY & CRYPTOGRAPHY
(Digital Systems and Computer Electronics)
(For students admitted in 2009-2010 & 2010-2011 only)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. (a) Diﬀerentiate between computer security and internet security.
(b) Explain the various security services in detail.
2. (a) Explain in detail about the RC5 algorithm.
(b) Draw and explain the architecture of triple DES algorithm.
3. (a) Explain with an example the encryption process by using RSA technique.
(b) With the help of ﬂowchart explain the key distribution for connection oriented protocols.
4. (a) Discuss in detail about the Eulers Theorem.
(b) Write a detailed note on message authentication code.
5. (a) Explain with neat diagram, the architecture for message digest generation using SHA.
(b) Explain MD5 message digest algorithm.
6. (a) What are the diﬀerences between version 4 and 5 of Kerberos.
(b) Draw the generic transmission diagram for PGP and explain the same.
7. (a) Explain the SSL Record Protocol in detail.
(b) Write short notes on features and participants of SET.
8. Discuss in detail about the various types of ﬁrewalls.
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆