Suggestions to MHUPA
National Policy for Affordable Housing through Slum
CA Vinit Vyankatesh Deo
Ideas to Kickstart the economy through MSMEs
The pandemic of Covid 19 which is also now know (in)famously as Corona, will lead to a
major remake of the World Economy. Unlike the other crises of this century viz the Dot
Com bust of 2001 and the Lehman crisis of 2008, this crisis will not just affect the
financial world but will shake the foundations of economies of all the countries - right
from Villages and Cities to State and the Nation. Governments at all levels will need to
take drastic measures to first stabilise the economy and then to plan for its growth.
MSMEs are like the veins of the economy. They are essential to keep the supply of
money flowing between the vital organs viz. Large corporates, MNCs, Banks, Government
etc. This brief Concept Note presents 5 ideas that can help revive and grow the MSME
We urge the Central and State Governments to take swift and drastic steps to revive the
MSME Sector so that it can become a solid foundation for building the revival of Indian
economy in the post-Corona world.
CA Vinit Deo
Founder & CEO, Posiview Policy Solutions
Feedback to email@example.com or +91 89757 61062
▪ Effective schemes for Slum Rehabilitation (SRA) can be one of the most viable and
speedy methods of creating Affordable Housing in the Country
▪ Slums are usually based in the City and Suburbs. SRA Schemes can solve the problem of
both housing and employment opportunities within the City area.
▪ Many slums are on private lands so Government will not need to fund these projects.
▪ SRA projects have a long gestation period as the Developer has to deal with large
number of stakeholders right from the slum dwellers to Local and State Authorities,
Environment Clearance etc.
▪ Huge upfront investment by the Developer as Banks/ Financial Institutions do not fund
▪ Restrictions on mortgage of SRA land making it difficult for Developers to raise capital
▪ Sale of TDR generated from SRA not treated for deduction under Income Tax Act as
Income from Affordable Housing project. Developers sometimes do not get free sale
area and only income is from TDR.
▪ Central Government Policy for Slum Rehabilitation. Central Govt. incentives like PMAY
for SRA projects should be linked to adoption of Policy.
▪ Slum Rehabilitation Authority to be not just the single-window but the SOLE Authority
for all issues related to slums such as:
– Special Development Plans and DC Rules for slums
– Environment Clearance
– All NOC required from National, State & Local Authorities
▪ Dedicated financing / refinancing Developers who undertake SRA projects through
Institutions such as HUDCO and NHB
Benefits of a National Policy for SRAs
▪ Government: Will be able to get double benefit of affordable housing for slum-dwellers
at no extra cost AND affordable housing units in Free Sale area available to Developers
▪ Slum-Dwellers: Since SRA projects will be in the city there will be cost and time saving
on travel, finding job etc of the low income group people
▪ Home-Buyers: Will get affordable housing within the City area at cost within their
▪ City: Will help in beautifying the City especially making it a Smart City.
Founders & Advisors
▪ CA Vinit Deo, Founder & CEO
Vinit is a Chartered Accountant and an entrepreneur at heart. After a brief stint in
leading Corporates (Times of India Group & Geometric Software Solutions), he co-
founded Posiview Consulting Partners, an investment banking firm which has has closed
over 200 advisory transactions of advising entrepreneurs on business planning, debt
and equity raising. His passion for research and governance led to the founding of
Posiview Policy Solutions, an Data and Insights driven organisation that will suggest
innovative but pragmatic policy initiatives to Governments (Central, State, Local),
Industry Associations, Development Institutions etc.
▪ Shweta Shalini, Mentor & Senior Advisor
After a successful stint as a entrepreneur where she founded and scaled up
companies (Fortune Cookie,Real Time Wave), Shweta joined politics and became
Spokesperson for BJP Maharashtra as well as a key person driving BJP’s Social Media
effort. She also plays a key role in the Startup and Innovation arena with her unique
skill sets spanning Corporates, Political, Social and Entrepreneurial Worlds. She will
mentor and guide Posiview Policy Solutions to focus on the right issues and devise
solutions that can be implemented within India’s governance framework.
Disclaimer: Presentation represents personal views of the author and not that of Posiview. It is prepared based on
publicly available data to the best of the author’s knowledge. The author does not take responsibility of the
authenticity, accuracy of the publicly available data. The contents of this presentation are for information purposes
only and the author will not be responsible for any decisions made on the same
Office 202, Chintamani Pride
Near City Prid Multiplex,
Cell: +91 8975761062
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
“Tough times never last. Tough people do.”
Robert H Schuller
Incubation, Mentoring &
Fund Raising for Startups
Fund Raising for Real Estate &
Policy Advisory to Government &
www.posiview.in / email@example.com / +919130018000