Subject:- Kirloskar Group
1208025 Ghadage Dhiraj Shamrao
1208026 Devarde Pradip Manikrao
1208034 Mane Laxmi Gunda
1208036 Patil Satish Ananada
Prof. Churchill Samson 2
Founded 1888 (As Kirloskar Brothers Limited)
Headquarters Pune, Maharashtra, India
Area served Worldwide
Key people Sanjay Kirloskar. (Chairman & MD)
Revenue $2.50 billion USD (2012)
Employees ~18,000 (2010)
The Kirloskar group of companies was one of the earliest industrial
groups in the engineering industry in India.The company exports to over 70
Kirloskar Brothers Ltd established in 1888, is India's largest maker of
pumps and valves and also undertakes construction projects through its
subsidiary Kirloskar Construction And Engineers Ltd.
The group is headed by Sanjay Kirloskar .The company under
Shantanurao Lakshmanrao Kirloskar achieved one of the highest growth
rates in Indian history, with 32,401% growth of assets from 1950–1991.
In 1988, Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister Of India released a
commemorative Stamp marking the Kirloskar Group's 100th anniversary.
In 1974, in cooperation with Deutz-Fahr of Germany, Kirloskar began
manufacturing tractors. They have since ceased tractor production.
• Screw & Centrifugal Chillers
• Pig Iron Construction
• Submarine pipelines construction
• Kirloskar Brothers Ltd
• Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited
• Kirloskar Ferrous Industries Limited
• Kirloskar Chillers Private Limited
• Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited ( TKML ) produces Toyota
Vehicles in India
• Kirloskar ( MK ) produced lathes including CNC types
• The National Record 2011 award by Limca Book of Records for not losing a
single man-day due to labour unrest in the past 50 years.
• Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. honored by “Parivartan Leadership Award for
Sustainability-2011” organized by India Carbon Outlook, New Delhi.
• Maharashtra Ratna 2010 awarded to Atul Kirloskar, Chairman and
Managing Director, Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, by the President of India,
•Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. bags “ 11th National Award for Excellence in Energy
Management- 2010” organized by Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
• CII EXIM Bank Award for Business Excellence 2009 for Strong Commitment to
Excel from the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
• Kirloskar Brothers won the first "best of all" Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award
The groups two largest companies, Kirloskar Brothers Limited and
Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, own many patents.
Kirloskar Brothers is associated with India's nuclear program and has
made canned motor pumps for pumping heavy water which are deployed at
Indian Nuclear Power Plants.