• Total Revenue: $ 6.3 billion
• Total Employees: 92000
As on 24th May,2013
HCL Infosystems Ltd.
• Industry: IT Services (Computer Hardware)
• Key people:
Harse Chitale (CEO)
Ajai Chowhry (Non-executive Chairman)
Services: IT and outsourcing services
Revenue: $2.76 billion
Product of HCL Infosystems Ltd.
• ME Laptops
• Computer accessories
• To study the Customer Satisfaction level towards the
usage of HCL Products.
• To know the current market share of HCL in IT
• To know the brand value of HCL.
• To identify the financing method used for the purchase
of HCL Products.
• To analyze the reason which influence the purchase of
Objective of the study:
Limitations of the study
• The area for the survey was limited around PATNA (Main
• The time allotted for the project was from May 02 – Jul
• Some customers were unwilling to provide information.
• This study covers the sample size of 150 Customers for the
Scope of the study:
• As the data was collected from Patna city, the
result cannot correlate to the entire city.
• This project is to improve their efficiency in the
field of marketing .
• This project is helpful to know the information
about customer’s expectations and their needs
among the products.
• The study covers 150 customers in around Patna
• This type of study could be useful in marketing
• Research design : Descriptive research
• Type of data : Primary data
• Research tool : Questionnaire
• Sample size : 150 computer users
• Sample unit : Computer user
Responds according to the Product Satisfaction of HCL
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
Interpretation: Out of 150 respondents Unsatisfied 25 (17%)
Very Satisfied 72 (48%) and Satisfied 53 (35%)
Responds according to the Service Experience of HCL
Interpretation: Out of 150 respondents about average
satisfied 62 (41%) very Satisfactory 45 (30%) Some what
satisfactory 31 (21%) Unsatisfied 12 (8%)
Some what worse
Don't know or never used
Responds according to the Demo of HCL products
Compared to the competitors.
The following table shows no. of responds according to
competitors. Out of 150 respondents
Factors No of Respondents Percentage
Much Better 13 9%
Equivalent 78 52%
Somewhat worse 5 3%
Don’t know or never
Responds according to the Purchase Experience of HCL
RESULTS AND FINDINGS
• While purchasing the machine majority of consumers are
influenced by the price and quality
• Some consumers are giving more importance to the brand
• Many consumers are only almost satisfied with product and
services but not fully satisfied. The reason is customer expects
good and more services.
• After sales service of the product is poor.
• The customers need to be trained to manage the minor
repairs of the Machine.
• Most of the consumers are unaware of the other products of
• In order to maintain top positions in the market the company
should design flexible schemes like exchange components.
• The power consumption of the equipment should be reduced.
• The after sales service should be improved.