Selenium Web & Appium Mobile Automation Tester resume
VIKAS ROHIDAS THANGE
“Certified Selenium Professional” with 7+ years of IT software Development & Testing
experience with diverse technologies & Domain
Playing a role of automation test architect to design and create various automation
Unique testing solutions developed for Mobile and web automation testing helping
projects to easily manage and support extensibility of automation coverage.
Implemented end to end continuous Integrated build and testing environment to
automate process of building and testing software using Jenkins.
Utilizing my experience on cloud services like Amazon EC2, Sauce Labs for parallel
and distributed test execution. Eventually helping company in reduced cost of
infrastructure and increasing more platform coverage in less time.
Key resource in selenium automation testing project. Driving the complete Mobile
onshore - offshore Automation testing project with a great success with the help of my
technical as well as leadership capabilities.
Experience in developing customized different automation testing frameworks including
but not limited to Data driven, Keyword & Hybrid frameworks depending on the project
/ client needs.
Experience on Agile testing with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioral
Driven Development (BDD)methodologies with Cucumber tool
Highly expertise in Automation testing technologies with Appium, Selenium WebDriver
Defined automation testing process and gave trainings on framework usages with
Involved in developing in-house testing tools as XTAF (Automation Framework), XPAF
(Performance automation), XZAP (Security testing), AccessiblityCop (ADA testing)
Contributing in open source development by evaluating tools and raising bugs.
Established full fledged automation testing project from scratch. Involved in
understanding client requirement, interviewing resources, creating team, setting up test
environment, designing and developing automation framework, giving KT on usages of
As a part of XXXXXX’s Innovation team member, Exploring & implementing new
technologies which are at the horizon of software development.
Well versed in other testing verticals like Performance testing, Security Testing and
Held mobile Center of Excellence (CoE) program in past to learn, groom & retain
knowledge on on Mobile Automation, Performance and Security testing.
Past working experience as Professional Corporate Trainer for testing technologies
including Manual and Automation to MNC companies.
Award as “Emerging QA Evangelist of the Year 2014”
Award winner for technical white paper competition at XXXXXX for “Automated Mobile
Device Performance Testing"
Participated in ATAGTR2017 on behalf of XXXXXX and own “Special Jury award” for
the extensive work done on Automation Testing framework solution.
Primary Skills Automation TestFramework Design&Development
Mobile Testing- Automation, Performance &Security testing
Appium– Android andIOSAutomation
Xcode UI TestingforiOS
JAVA - ProgrammingLanguage
Selendroid –Android Automation
SeleniumGRID– Distributed andparallelexecution
Jenkins –Continuous Integration
Proxy Tools- CharlesProxy &Fiddler
API’s- Restful webservices
Secondary Skills Sikuli –GUI basedautomation
BrowserMob – Javaproxy ServertointerceptWebDriver
Apache POI & Jxl
IDE tools Eclipse, Visual studio (essential), IntelliJ
Test management tools Test rail, Quality Center
Agile Tools [Project
Cloud Services Amazon EC2 cloud, Sauce Labs, Browser Stack, TestGrid
SCM Tools Visual SVN, GIT Hub, BitBucket, GitLab
Programming Java, C#
Databases MySql, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems Apple Mac, Windows & Linux
Role : Associate Lead - SDET
The Android and IOS weather app provides weather forecasting features to end users.
android app used by 11,92,110 user globally with 4.5 rating on play store.
• Playing a mixed role of Team lead and Technical Architect for project.
• Innovated unique Automation testing framework solving mobile automation challenges
• Features supported by framework -
• Runtime http network traffic intercepting from mobile & create performance testing report
• Modify HTTP response to simulate test conditions
• Spoof mobile device GPS location to test location based services
• User-friendly test reports with snapshot for each step helps anyone to conclude result
• Deep linking from web pages to different modules present in application user tests
• App upgrade testing to ensure settings and user profiles are preserved after upgrade
• Application Data validation with respect to the background restful web service
• Responsible for test Planning and strategizing with risk management.
• Involve in discussion with different stakeholders from development side to understand
there app domain and app expectations.
• Understanding and evaluating Automation requirement for feasibility for Automation
• Develop initial Prof of concept demonstrating use of tool / Approach to solve problem.
• Develop the one framework for all testing platforms, Also responsive for framework
maintenance and enhancement to accommodate new features or fix bugs.
• Conducting framework trainings for teammates to learn and utilize framework properly for
• Define and implement Test lab infrastructure with Servers and mobile devices to make
sure continuous build and testing happens daily.
• Responsible to define the process of automation, conduct process review audits and
measure health of project.
• As a member of interview panel, conduct interviews for new hire in project
Project name : BigWeb Automation
Web Automation testing with WebDriver,
selenium Grid, Jenkins and TestNG, Cloud
Domain: Weather Forecasting
Role : Senior QA Engineer
BigWeb is the main official webpage of the leading weather forecasting company providing
Weather Forecasting information to the World wide users. It’s ranked as to 31th most used
site in USA and 147th in global.
• Played a role of Team lead from offshore (Pune, India) owning a team of 3 automation
• Started this project from the scratch, Developed new data driven framework specific to
• Started working from the very first test case to automation. Till data automated 12K+test
• Working mostly on designing, creating, maintaining automation framework and
automating test cases.
• Integrated RemoteWebDriver, Grid, Jenkins, JSON Web Service support, SureFire reports,
Customized reports, BrowserMob, Sikuli, WebPageTest tools with framework.
• Playing role of mentor to the new teammates. Giving training, helping them to understand
framework, tasks, and resolving any issue faced by team.
• Created dashboard for webpage test performance testing reports.
• Set up complete automation environment on Amazon elastic cloud computing (EC2). This
includes setting up Jenkins, Selenium Grid hub and nodes.
• Installed WebPageTest server & node instance for performance testing.
• Test script / Framework creation and maintenance
• Creating automation build jobs on jesting
• Monitoring automated test execution on Jenkins, evaluate test reports and defect
• Scheduling meeting with client, Demo test case automated, Getting clarifications.
• Schedule & conduct format code review, ensure review findings getting closed.
• Involved in process audits & documentation.
• Documenting framework Guidelines, Process, Configurations, Installations and
• Test around 39 localized domain weather sites.
Project PHIS - Automation Testing
Software Operating System : Windows 7
Database : PostgreSQL
Report Tool : Bugzilla, Excel
Language : Core Java
Tools used: Selenium IDE, Selenium webdriver 2.0
Unit Test Framework: TestNG
Project Synopsis PHIS – Pharmacy Information System.
Domain: Pharmacy & Clinical Research
It is system developed to be used by all the hospitals and pharmacy stores
in Malaysia for the management for Pharmacy and heath care operations.
Developed on open source technologies like java , Apache and PostgreSQL
Responsibility As Senior QA Analyst in Automation
✓ Design and developed generic Automation Testing framework
based on “No Script” mechanism
✓ Ramp up manual testing with the automation skills and utilize in
project for conducting automation tests
✓ Continuous tracking & measuring test execution on servers
✓ Responsible to maintain framework with new features /
enhancements & bug fixes
✓ Provide training to the testing team on framework
✓ Test Estimation for Test cases and creating quality report
✓ Automation test writing and execution
✓ Defect reporting and follow up for fixing
✓ Reporting to project Manager for different status
Project MURx EHR
Software Operating System : Windows 7
Database : MySQL
Report Tool : Bugzilla
Language : Java
Tools used: Excel, Selenium 2.0 Webdriver, Selenium IDE, FirePath
Project Synopsis It is a Meaningful Use EHR System being developed for US client
iPracticeLLC. The system is having functionalities to manage all clinical
activities. Including storing Electronic Health Records. It is being developed
according to CCHIT Product Certification.
Responsibility I was responsible for below task
✓ Analyze the requirements from CCHIT
✓ Identify the scenarios from the functionalities to test
✓ Write test cases to cover the scenarios
✓ Build traceability matrix for requirements and scenarios
✓ Prepare Test data, validate data
✓ Prepare test bed and test environment
✓ Conduct Smoke testing
✓ Conduct functional testing, regression testing and report defects to
✓ Track the defect reports through bugzilla
Project INet-Revenue Testing
Software Operating System : Windows XP
Database : Oracle
Report Tool : Quality Center
Language : VBA
Tools used: Quick Test professional. QTP, VBA tools, Tode
Project Synopsis Domain: Logistic
Worlds biggest logistics company’s web application for shipping
Responsibility I was responsible for below task
✓ Conducted functional regression testing using QuickTestProfessional
✓ Monitor automation test execution and perform necessary operation
✓ Validate Test Data Reporting Defects, Defect analysis and validation
✓ Log Defects in Quality Center (QC) and follow up for resolution
✓ Defect retesting
✓ Modify the script as per the requirements of new Build/Version.
✓ Build tools in VBA and SQL to manage update the test data, Dashboard
Bachelor of Computer Science - Pune University - April 2009
Certified Selenium Professional