V!j! business communication

594 views

Published on

Non-verbal communication

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
594
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
25
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

V!j! business communication

  1. 1. Introduction<br />Name : Vijay.E<br />Course : BBM 3rd sem<br />Subject : Business Communication<br />Topic : Non-Verbal Communication<br />College : RJSIMS<br />
  2. 2. Non-Verbal Communication<br /><ul><li>It is a form of a communication</li></ul> Use of symbols <br /><ul><li> Actions speak louder than words
  3. 3. It contains non-verbal codes like; colors, maps, graphs, music etc
  4. 4. It leads to the pleasant and powerful impression on the audience</li></li></ul><li>Importance of Non-verbal communication<br /><ul><li> It is more reliable.
  5. 5. It can be understand by each and every individuals.
  6. 6. It mainly involves emotions and expressions.
  7. 7. Only 7% of a message’s effect are carried by words ; listeners receive the other 93% through non -verbal means.</li></li></ul><li>The various forms of non-verbal communication<br />Visual symbols<br />Auditory symbols<br />Body language<br />Paralanguage<br />
  8. 8. !dea<br />1. Visual symbols<br />Colors- Used in clothing, design and decorations.<br />Pictures- Used in brochures, posters and advertisements.<br />Graphs and charts- Used to represent statistical information.<br />Maps- Used in graphical information like; transport, route and climatic conditions etc.<br />
  9. 9. 2. Auditory symbols<br /><ul><li>Convey very simple information.
  10. 10. Used mainly for warning like; sirens.
  11. 11. Other auditory symbols like whistles, bells, buzzers, beeps and tunes .</li></li></ul><li>3. Body language<br />Gestures- Gestures are movement of hands/head/body; they are natural accompaniment of speech.<br />Postures- It indicates something about our feelings and thought, attitude and health.<br />Space- The distance b/w we keep from other person while speaking, indicating some relationship etc.<br />
  12. 12. Kinesics<br /><ul><li>It is a form of non-verbal communication.
  13. 13. communication which involves the movement of legs, hands and facial muscles or includes facial expressions etc.
  14. 14. It includes even gestures and postures.</li></li></ul><li>4. Paralanguage<br />silence<br />Voice- It has qualities of speed, rhythm, pronunciation, accent, tones and stress.<br />Volume- It is the loudness or softness of the voice. The distance b/w the listeners and speakers.<br />Silence- It depends on the facial expressions; sometimes silence speaks more than words.<br />Speed- It is influenced by emotions.<br />
  15. 15. Conclusion<br />So here I conclude that the non-verbal communication in business plays a very important role than words spoken. One who follows the good NVC he’ll get fair reputation in the business.<br />

×