• We all know about magnetic levitation which
was discovered some 50 years ago. Where the
magnetic levitation has very few application
along these 50 years. This is due to instability
on varying magnetic field, the application are
constrained. To overcome these latest quantum
levitation is the key for future levitation.
• Magnetic levitation is a
method by which an object
is suspended with no support
other than magnetic field,
magnetic pressure is used to
counteract the effects of
the gravitational force.
• This can be achieved by
using magnets and
material which exhibit
exactly zero electrical
resistance and expulsion
of magnetic fields.
Below critical temperature(tc).
There are two types.
is a material or
object that produces a
There are two type of
• Obey Meissner effect
• Does not allow flux to pass
• It completely oppose the magnetic
field that is expulsion of magnetic
• Type one superconductors are
used in maglev trains
• Obey anti Meissner effect
• Flux which pass through this conductor
is called flux tube
• Quantum levitation is achieved by
type 2 super conductor
• E.g. sapphire wafer with yttrium barium
• The magnetic flux's locks the
superconductor in the form
of narrow tube.
• The superconductor can travel any
magnetic obstacle without being thrown
out or disturbed from the magnetic
• superconductor in
• Position and angle are
• Height are varied
•Instead of using fossil fuels, the magnetic field created by
the electrified coils in the guide way walls and the track combine
to propel the train.
• The magnetic fields are produced by electrified coil
• The train will be floating about 10mm above the magnetic guiding
•The train is propelled by the changing in magnetic fields
•The flying cars named is sky tram suspended from an elevated guide-way,
could carry six passengers and would use maglev technology to reach speeds
of up to 150 mph.
• By using magnetically levitated turbines wind energy generated can be boost,
as much as 20 percent over traditional turbine.
•Hover board is the future of magnetic levitation , short distance and effort
less travel can be possible using the magnetically levitated hover board.
• Cells grown in flat Petri dishes are not always the most accurate models
for three-dimensional human bodies. To over come this we are using
• Being weightless can have serious health consequences for
astronauts. For every month that an astronaut spends in zero
gravity, he loses one to two percent of his bone density and
weaken the immune system. To understanding how the body
reacts to weightlessness we can use magnetic levitation.
• From the properties of quantum levitation we get to
know, how quantum levitation is advantageous
compared to magnetic levitation. Future application
shows the pollution free and fast mode
transportation, efficient generation of electricity , and
many more future application are based on principle
of quantum levitation.