• Kartik shankar, II year mech @psg tech• I worship T. Rajendar• Big fan of Rushdie, Tolkien, Eric cantona, and Dravid, Pink floyd, and the beatles.• I have not quizzed in my 2nd standard and all pa
Rules•Very elementary•12 questions clockwise on infinite bounce•+10 points for every right answer•Part points at my discretion•SpEnt inclined quiz Let’s beginMay the kakapoo be with you !
• Kenneth Baker is a British actor suffering from dwarfism. He joined a theatrical troupe of dwarves and midgets where he ‘sat’ inside the1) characters and maneuvered them efficiently. • This special talent of his made him achieve great fame in the entertainment world from the late 1970’s. • He is now a stand up comedian with a decent fan follow in Britain. (won’t help in anyway)
R2D2Kenneth baker alsoplayed the role ofpaploo, the ewokwho steals thebike. He is one ofthe two peoplewho has appearedin all the sixmovies, the otherbeing C3PO.
2) This 1994 movieportrays thebaseball fields inColonial Heights,the home of theLittle League WorldSeries. The writerof this film himselfwas a coach in thelittle league duringhis youth afterwhich he startedpracticing ‘law’ inwhich he achievedgreat fame.
3)• 2000, Melbourne: John Howard• 2003, Brisbane: Sir Michael Parkinson• 2005, Hobart: Richie Benaud• 2006, Brisbane: Alan Jones, a former Australia Rugby coach.• 2008, Perth: General Peter Cosgrove• 2008, Sydney: Ricky Ponting• 2009, Melbourne: Greg Chappell• 2010, Adelaide, Sir Tim Rice• 2011: ?
4• Edward Howard Bunker, was an American writer and has acted in many American crime movies.• He started on a criminal career at a very early age, and continued on this path throughout the years, returning to prison again and again. He was convicted of bank robbery, drug dealing, sodomy, extortion, armed robbery, and forgery.• The last time he went to jail was cause he was convicted after stealing ‘diamonds from a bank’ after which he stopped his criminal activities and turned into an actor/author.• Bunker had better luck robbing banks in real life than he did in the movies as he always got killed in all the bank job movies he did including the very famous movie X.
5• Whenever a person gets an award and he wants to deliver his acceptance speech in Klingon, he must say AMPAS.• Put funda?
• AMPAS- Academy of motion picture arts and sciences.• Whenever a person wins an Oscar, he usually says I’d like to thank the academy blah blah blah.• In order to spoof that, people speaking Klingon usually say AMPAS.
6• Pravarsena, established the place where X is situated and had built a cottage for his stay at the northeastern corner of the Dal and had named it X (means "Abode or Hall of Love” in Sanskrit.• X was constructed by the Mughal emperor Jahangir in order to please Nur jahan.• Shahjahan renamed X ‘Faiz Baksh’ (the bountiful). X also served as a guest house for several Europeans who stayed in India.• There is a Persian inscription in this place which when translated means ‘If there is a paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, it is this’.• Id this beautiful place and its literary connection.
Shalimar bagh • To all people who haven’t read this book, please do. You’ll relish every single word of it.
• Michael Caine as Captain John Colby• Sylvester 7 Stallone as Robert Hatch• Max von Sydow as Major • This is the cast list of the Karl von Steiner 1981 movie Escape to victory. It is a about Allied• Daniel Massey as Colonel prisoners of war who are Waldron interned in a German prison• Tim Pigott-Smith as Rose camp during World War II.• Julian Curry as Shurlock• Clive Merrison as The Forger• Maurice Roëves as Pyrie• X as Luis Fernandez• Y as Terry Brady
8) sitter.• X is a genus of small air-breathing sea slugs of the upper intertidal zone, pulmonate gastropod mollusks in the superfamily Otinoidea.• X is the only species in the genus Smeagolidae.• X has no tentacles and is a very active blind animal with a size of up to 10 mm.• X is named after a very important character in literature and movies.
9)• X was a scholar versed in logic, philosophy, mathematics, astronomy and physical sciences. He had knowledge of medicine and was skillful in dialectics. He was also a calligrapher. He was well versed with several languages like Persian, Arabic, Turkish and even Sanskrit.• He had a very lenient religious policy.• He introduced radical changes in the coinage as he was not happy with the copper mints.• Ibn Batuta, a wise scholar from Africa visited India during his rule and praised him.• To this date, when some person does something stupid, we call him, ‘Don’t act like a X’. Although many historians say that X was nowhere near a fool.
10) funda1. Riquelme left high2. Crespo long run/right, short run/left3. Heinze left low4. Ayala long wait, long run right5. Messi left6. Aimar long wait left7. Rodriguez left
• Jens lehman’s chit of paper that made germany go through the quarter finals against argentina. He kept this sheet of paper in his shin guard and kept looking at it whenever somebody from argentina took the penalty.
• Weird al yankovic’s B.O.B , which is a parody of bob dylan’s subterranean blues and every line is a palindrome.
12)• “I heard its going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I dont think it will be a big part, its not like were chasing x down or anything. Its something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. He does movies big and Im sure it will be a big- time movie and something fun to be part of." What is being talked about here?
1) (clue if all teams agree)• According to John Godwin a surrey resident, the "great idea" for solving this problem would have come in three stages.• First, the vehicle would have to be stabilized by breaking the windows that overlooked the precipice.• Then the fuel tank at the rear of the vehicle would have to be emptied by running the engine.• And finally, a person would be allowed out of the coach in order to stabilize the front end with rocks.
Cliffhanger problem• Peter Collinsons picture wraps up with a literal hanging ending, as the getaway coach is balanced precariously on the edge of a cliff. The gang is at one end and the gold is at the other. "Hang on a minute, lads," says Caines After four decades, the ringleader in the films final Royal society of chemistry line. "Ive got a great idea." conducted a context, in Four decades on, fans are which John goodwin still wondering what it was. came up with a solution to the problem.
2)• Uys and Buys in Afrikaans• Tik and Tak in• Johnson and Rohnson in Bengali• Kadlec and Tkadlec in Czech• Jansen and Janssen in Dutch• Citserono and Tsicerono in Esperanto• Schultze and Schulze in German• Dupont and Dupond in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Turkish, Korean and also in the original language.
3)• According to the Greek mythology, Perseus the son of Zeus, who married Andromeda, killed Gorgon, the demon. He is often depicted with him carrying the head of gorgon in his hand.• A constellation found in the northern sky was named The brightest star in this after Perseus which again constellation is the head of depicts him carrying the the Gorgon and the name of this star shares its name demon’s head. with one of the great fictional villains of all time. Give me Fundas.
Ra’s al gul • Ra’s al gul when translated means the head of the demon. • Since Gorgon was the head of the demon, it was named Al gul.
4) Sitter• This is the story of the French fairy tale called Le Chat boote.• It begins with the youngest son of a miller inherits X. At first, the youngest son laments, as the eldest brother gains the mill, and the middle brother attains the mules. Later X demands Y from his master so as to help him to achieve greatness.• The tale goes on as X keeps his promise and makes his master marry the daughter of the king of France. Identify X and Y. (in the news recently)
6)• In the beginning of the story, Pepperland is introduced by a narrator as a cheerful music-loving paradise under the sea. A X rests on a somewhat Aztec-like pyramid on a hill. At the edge of the land is a range of high blue mountains.• The land falls under a surprise attack by the music- hating Blue Meanies (who live in or beyond the blue mountains), who seal the prtagonists inside a music- proof bubble, make the Pepperlanders immobile like statues, and drain the countryside of colour.• This is the story of a 1968 animated musical film.• Give me X. (workable)
7) Union des Societes Francaisesde Sports Athletiques (USFSA) is aformer French sportingfederation. In 1894 , the USFSAorganised the firstrecognised French footballchampionship . In 1900 , a USFSAXI representing France finishedrunners-up at the football eventat the 1900 Olympics. GentlemanX , during his association with theUSFSA , was deeply influenced byits philosophy andrepresentations. This influencedhim into creating Y in 1912 .• X and Y please .
Pierre de Coubertin• It inspired him to create the olympics logo.
8)• _______ most often means a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. People often use the term to mean "a favour for a favour" and the phrases with almost identical meaning include: "give and take", "tit for tat", "this for that", and "you scratch my back, and Ill scratch yours“.• This phrase was extensively used in a famous 1991 movie. Give me the phrase and yeah, the movie too.
• I tell you things, you tell me things, Clarice sterling, quid pro quo.
9) Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeiiis a 1972 film featuring PinkFloyd performing six songs inthe ancient Romanamphitheater in Pompeii, Italy.• When the band members asked the authorities for the permission to perform live at Pompeii, the authorities agreed on one weird condition to assure that nothing happens to the precious cultural site.• What did they agree too?
• The concert was performed without an audience, as the authorities feared that Pompeii would be spoilt with wastes like Woodstock and said to the band that, the audience would be the ghosts of those perished under ash and lava in 79 A.D.
10) video• This is the scene from the bond movie Casino Royale. Identify the person getting frisked.
• The cameo was cut out of the in-flight versions shown on all airlines in- flight entertainment systems, as was a shot of the Virgin Atlantic aircraft Branson supplied.
11) A ____ is a bulletconsisting of a soft coreencased in a shell of hardermetal.• The shell allows for higher muzzle velocities than bare lead. It also prevents damage to bores from steel or armor-piercing core material.• Rifles using this bullet must have large fitting magazine and speed loader capacity to insert it easier.• This was also used by the US soldiers at an offensive camp in Vietnam.
Full metal jacket“The dead know only onething: it is better to bealive”
12 ) The X is the third of theLatter Prophets in the HebrewBible, following the books ofIsaiah and Jeremiah and • How is this book morepreceding the Book of theTwelve. It derives its name from a famous in pop culture?6th century prophet.• According to the book, the prophet, exiled in Babylon, experienced a series of seven visions during the 22 years.The visions, and the book, arestructured around three themes:1. Judgment on Israel2. Judgment on the nations and3. Future blessings for Israel
• The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee. m/