Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

of

Geography of the Caspian Sea  Slide 1 Geography of the Caspian Sea  Slide 2 Geography of the Caspian Sea  Slide 3 Geography of the Caspian Sea  Slide 4
Upcoming SlideShare
What to Upload to SlideShare
Next
Download to read offline and view in fullscreen.

0 Likes

Share

Download to read offline

Geography of the Caspian Sea

Download to read offline

The Caspian Sea is classed as both a sea and a lake and is the largest body of water located inland anywhere in the world. It is located between Europe and Asia, with five countries having coastlines around the border.

https://www.victoralexandrovicholersky.com/russia-set-to-develop-the-shipping-industry-in-the-caspian-sea/

Related Books

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

Related Audiobooks

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all
  • Be the first to like this

Geography of the Caspian Sea

  1. 1. GEOGRAPHY OF THE Caspian Sea VICTOR OLERSKIY Member of the Board of Directors at Russian Fishery LLC
  2. 2. Victor Olerskiy "It is located between Europe and Asia, with five countries having coastlines around the border. The Caspian Sea is classed as both a sea and a lake and is the largest body of water located inland anywhere in the world. Geography of the Caspian Sea
  3. 3. Victor Olerskiy Formation The Caspian Sea as it is today was formed approximately 5.5 million years ago, when the body of water became landlocked due to tectonic uplift, which causedthesealeveltofall.Itisaremnant of the Paratethys Sea of ancient times, as is the Black Sea. This history means that the seabed is not formed of continental granite, but of oceanic basalt. Hydrology Although it is often listed as a lake, the Caspian Sea is not a freshwater lake. The size of the Caspian is such that if you combined all the water from the five Great Lakes of North America, it would still exceed this volume by 3.5 times. Ap- proximately 80% of the inflow into the Caspian Sea comes from the Volga River, with the other 20% from the Ural River. The only natural outflow occurs natural- ly through evaporation.
  4. 4. Victor Olerskiy Russia is in the process of developing new shipping in the Caspian Sea. You can read more about this by visiting the blog of Victor Olerskiy.

The Caspian Sea is classed as both a sea and a lake and is the largest body of water located inland anywhere in the world. It is located between Europe and Asia, with five countries having coastlines around the border. https://www.victoralexandrovicholersky.com/russia-set-to-develop-the-shipping-industry-in-the-caspian-sea/

Views

Total views

1,116

On Slideshare

0

From embeds

0

Number of embeds

847

Actions

Downloads

3

Shares

0

Comments

0

Likes

0

×