2. Which of these achievements do youthink was the most important? Why?• Alphabet because of far reaching consequences.
3. What did the excavations at Knossosreveal about Minoan culture?• It was an advanced, thriving or prosperous culture.
4. Where did the Phoenicians settle andtrade?• Around the Mediterranean.
5.Why did the Phoenicians develop a writingsystem?• To keep business.
6. What might have caused the collapse ofthe Phoenician culture?• Overpopulation, natural disaster, invaders.
7. What were some similarities between theMinoans and the Phoenicians in terms oftrade?• Both traded in the Mediterranean, exchanging goods and new ideas.
8. What words in Herodotus account of avoyage around Africa show doubt? Why?• “Some may believe, though I do not” such a trip has never been done before.
9. Do you think it would made sense that thePhoenicians city states to cooperate insteadof compete? Explain.• Cooperation, by pooling resources for greater profitablility.• Compete, by keeping traders on their toes, making them better merchants.