1. Sacroilic jointLigament of sacroiliac joint This is joint and the pelvicDorsal and ventral parts, ligament present no very strikingIncorporated Into fibrous differences. In othercomponent of joint animal 2. SacrosciaticForms broad sheet leaving Greater and lesser is chiatic Narrow in the dog foramina. But strong band Over respective is chiatic notches. 3. Hip jointThis joint is an ebarthrosis The shallowness of the No important differenceformed By the proximal end of acetabulum is compensated byfemur and Acetabulum. Head of the greater size of the marginalfemur presents almost cartilage which is specially Anhemispherical articulure Surface radius of curvature then horsewhich is continued a short
4. Ligaments of the hip jointa. Fibro cartilaginousExtends round rim of acetabulum To deepen and stabilize jointb. Accessory ligamentA detachment of pre-pubic Absent in ox On head of femur,markedlytendon enters Hip joint via restricting Abduction of hind limbacetabular notch and inserts
c. Round LigamentShort and stout similar to other Absent in ox Short and stout similar to otherspecies speciesd. Transverse acetabular ligamentAcetabulum across acetabular Absent Absentnotch And holds accessoryligament in place. Join capsulecan be accessed deep Betweencranial and caudal parts ofGreater femoraltrochanter. 5. Stifle JointThis joint resemble that of pig. There is a considerable between The posterior part ofJoint of man is the largest and the femoro-pateller and the capsule contain.most elaborate of all the communication femoro-tibial joint Two sesamoid bones which arearticulations.Taken as a whole ,it cavities;this is situated between imbedded in orgin of themay be classified as the medial as in the horse, but Gastrocnemiusginglymus,although it is not the wider.A small contact . LateralTypical example of the group femoro-tibial capsule occurs
6. The femoro-pateller ligamentsa. Medial ligamentThinner and is not distinct It is not sunken as there is no Tibia where it is attachedFrom the capsule groove on the tuberosity of the femurea. Lateral LigamentLateral ligament is fairly Lateral ligament is fairly Lateral ligament is fairlyDistinct. It arises from the lateral Distinct. It arises from the lateral Distinct. It arises from the lateralEpicondyle of the femur just Epicondyle of the femur just Epicondyle of the femur justabove the Lateral femoro- above the Lateral femoro-tibial above the Lateral femoro-tibialtibial ligament and ends on ligament and ends on Lateral ligament and ends on LateralLateral border of patella border of patella border of patella
7. Hock jointThere is very considerable At the proximal intertarsal joint, The long collateral ligamentsmobility from the neck of the the are very small, and short onestibial tarsal to the fourth tarsal .Capsule of which is double .The plantar ligamentand third metatarsal bones orrespondingly is weak, and ends on the fourth Roomy. The short lateral metatarsl bone. No distinct ligament dorsal ligamenii is is attached distally on the tibia present, tarsal only A strong transverse ligament attaches the lateral malleulus to the backunless we regard as such a of the tibial tarsal bone. The dorsal ligament ligament is narrow and thin
7. Tibio-fibular JointsThis joint formed by the head of The proximal end of the fibula The long collateralthe fibula artic With a cresenting fuses with the lateral condyles ligamentsfacet just below ulating. The of the tibia the distal end are very small, and shortonesouter margin of the lateral remains separate,and form an double .The plantarcondyle of the tibia .The joint arthrosis with the distal end ligamentcapsule is strong and close.The erosseus the tibia;the is weak, and ends onshaft of the fibula by the movement here is the fourth metatarslinterosseous membrane of the ligament in imperceptible,As bone. No distinct dorsalLeg.This is perforated about the two bones are attached to ligamenii is present,about an inch from its proximal the lateral border of the tibiaend by an opening which united by strong peripheraltransmits fibersThe anterior tibial vessels to thefront of the tibia.
7. Tibio-fibular JointsThis joint formed by the head of The proximal end of the fibula The arrangement is essentiallythe fibula artic With a cresenting fuses with the lateral condyles the same as [in rye Pig, butfacet just below ulating. The of the tibia the distal end there is no interosseus ligamentouter margin of the lateral remains separate,and form an in the distal joint. Notcondyle of the tibia .The joint arthrosis with the distal end uncommonly the distal part ofcapsule is strong and close. T he erosseus the tibia;the the shaft of the fibula and tibiashaft of the fibula by the movement here is are ankylosed.interosseous membrane of the ligament in imperceptible,as theLeg. This is perforated about two bones are attached to theabout an inch from its proximal lateral border of the tibia unitedend by an opening which by strong peripheral fiberstransmits The anterior tibialvessels to the front of the tibia.