1. ‘X’ was published in 1989, in which the authoruses the narrative and theme of the famous Indianepic Mahabharata to weave a satirical story ofIndian life in a non-linear mode with the charactersdrawn from the Indian Independence Movement.‘X’ is currently in its 26th edition in India and hisnewest volume, The Elephant, the Tiger and theCellphone has undergone five hardback re-printingsthere. Identify ‘X’?
2. His name is Prem Behari Narain Raizada(Saxena), son of Brij Behari Narain Raizada ofDelhi. What did he write using a flowing italic stylein the best calligraphic traditions of our country?
3. What fabric gets its name from the town of Nimesin France, where it was supposed to have been firstmade?
4. The climax of this 1999 film is a race where thefirst prize is two weeks at a summer camp. Ali trieshis hardest to come third because that prize is a pairof new sneakers which he can give his sister Zahra.Identify film?
5. After Charles Darwin proposed the theory of evolution, anumber of scientists calculated the age of the earth usingFourier’s theory of heat conduction. Lord Kelvin came upwith an age between 24 and 400 million years, Helmholtzcalculated it to be 22 million years. This gave ammunitionto critics of evolution, even 400 million years not beingenough for evolution by natural selection. The age of theearth is now estimated to be atleast 4.5 billion years. Whatphysical phenomenon not known in 1862, caused themiscalculation?
6. X Identify X and then tell the common theme (Other than them being American presidents)?
1. The Great Indian Novel; Shashi Tharoor2. Indian Constitution3. Denim4. Children of Heaven5. Radioactivity6. X is Jimmy Carter; Noble Prize winning American presidents7. Watson & Crick DNA Model, Thomas Watson Founder of IBM, Jude law plays Dr. Watson.8. Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat9. Homi Sethna10. Y is Yahoo!