• No cross links between chains.
• Weak attractive forces between chains broken by
• Change shape - can be remoulded.
• Weak forces reform in new shape when cold.
• Extensive cross-linking formed by
• Bonds prevent chains moving relative to
• What will the properties of this type of
plastic be like?
• Areas in polymer where
chains packed in regular way.
• Both amorphous and
crystalline areas in same
• Crystalline - regular chain
structure - no bulky side
• More crystalline polymer -
stronger and less flexible.
• When a polymer is stretched a ‘neck’ forms.
• What happens to the chains in the ‘neck’?
• Cold drawing is used to increase a polymers’
strength. Why then do the handles of plastic carrier
bags snap if you fill them full of tins of beans?
POLYMERS USED IN
1.plastic pipes, industries machines
3.in suitcases , purses, school bags e.t.c,………
I AMTHANKFULL TO CORRESPONENT WHO GAVE ME THIS OPPURTUNITY
ALSO FOR PRASAD SIR AND NALINI MAM WHO ENCOURAGED AND ME TO DO
MY SPECIAL THANKS WHO HELPED ME LOT AND FOR AUDIENCE FOR