IMPORTANT : ONLY SHOW THIS SLIDE IF YOU HAVE COMMITED TO BE AT THE COMMUNITY ZONE
– plan and prioritise work on configuration, infrastructure, performance, security, etc. alongside new features – automate production infrastructure and build a self-service provisioning capability for on-demand pre-production environments – incorporate system health checks and functional smoke tests into pre-production and production deployments – establish a logging/monitoring platform for the aggregation, visualisation, anomaly detection, and alerting of business-level, application-level, and operational-level events – introduce simulated errors under controlled conditions into production systems, and rehearse incident response scenarios – encourage people to work together to identify and resolve production incidents as soon as they occur – hold post-incident reviews to understand the context, cause and effect, and remediation of a production incident, and propose countermeasures for the future – ensure all team members are on rotation for production incidents, and empowered to handle incidents when they occur
Jens Vestergaard, CatMan®Solution
Slight overlap w/: Agile BI from the cloud with Team Foundation Services by Sander Hoeff from yesterday
More detail on SSAS Tab: Analysis Services in times of Continuous Integration – How to keep up with modern standards by Gabi Münster later today
THANKS TO ALL SPONSORS!
EXPO LIGHT SPONSORS
MEET ME AT THE COMMUNITY ZONE
• After this session, you can speak with me in the
• WE MIGHT
• Discuss additional questions
• Review parts of my session in more detail
• Take selfies…
•Five steps to Nirvana
MS Tools – GOTCHA’s
•SQL Relational Engine
Brief Tour MS Tools
Tools in General
Wrap-up – 5 mins.Questions
TEMPERATURE OF AUDIENCE
• How many are using some kind of code repository?
• How many are building (any solution) on check-in?
• How many are testing automatically?
• How many are deploying automatically into production?
STATE OF MIND
Prioritisation of operational requirements
Deployment health checks
Shared on-call responsibilities
STATE OF MIND
By removing Blame, you remove Fear;
By removing Fear, you enable Honesty;
and Honesty enables Prevention.
Bethany Macri, Etsy; Creator of Morgue tool
PROCESS FEATURES IN VSO
Keep Track of History
THREE STEPS TO SUCCESS
Install and Configure a Hosted Build Agent
Create a Build Definition Locally
Setup a Visual Studio Online Release
• TFS License (hosted build agents are ~ $15 – source)
• Visual Studio Online Subscription (free)
• Visual Studio Data Tools (free)