Technical Specifications for Battery Pack Testing Station
Scope: HPCL proposes to procure Battery Pack Testing Station for performance evaluation of
various commercial and in-house developed battery packs.
The job involves, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the Battery Pack Testing
Station, related accessories and software at Hindustan Petroleum Green R&D Centre
The Battery Pack Testing Station should have the following features which will form the
basis for technical evaluation.
Total no. Of channels required: 16 Independent Channels
1. The equipment should have battery testing voltage /Channel: 0 Volt or lower to 10
Volt or higher.
2. Voltage measurement accuracy: should be ± 0.1% or better of the Full scale range
3. Current limit: ±1 mA or lower to ±10 A or higher in each cell.
4. Current measurement accuracy: should be ± 0.1% or better of the Full scale value.
5. Data record time should be 10 ms or less.
6. The equipment should have facility to make the channels parallel and series to get
higher current of 300 A or higher and 80 volt or higher.
7. The equipment should have the facility of testing at least 2 Battery packs parallelly of
power 10kW or more.
8. The vendor should provide proper accessories to monitor the cell temperature in the
range of 0 C or less to 100 C or more during charging and discharging.
9. The vendor should provide suitable cables and related accessories for measuring
cells and battery Packs – 16 Nos for Cells and 2 Nos for Battery Packs.
10. The vendor should provide suitable cabinet/racks for placing the cells and Battery
11. The equipment/software should have the facility of remote viewing and remote
operation by Ethernet or other suitable system.
12. The battery analyzer should have charge / discharge cycle controlled with voltage,
current, power and resistance.
13. The equipment should have automatic calibration system.
14. Charge-Discharge should be measured at various C rate.
15. Voltage-time curve, current-time curve, capacity-voltage curve, loops times
charge/discharge capacity curve, loops times charge/ discharge efficiency curve,
should be generated from the software.
16. A compatible Dell/HP desktop with i7 6700 processor 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB 7200
RPM HDD, DVD RW drive, 2X GB Ethernet ports, 32-inch monitor, mouse, Keyboard,
Windows 10 professional, MS office professional along with battery related software
and suitable printer having automatic double sided printing and scanning facility (HP
Leaser Jet pro MFPM225 PCL6 or better) should be provided with the Battery Pack
17. The instrument and related accessories should have at least 1-year warranty.
18. Safety: The equipment should have all safety features for totally safe operations.
These features have to be given while quoting.
19. The equipment should safely shutdown during power outages without causing
20. All electrical mechanical safety features to be available in the equipment.
Special Terms and Conditions
1. Consumables & Spares
Consumables & spares (Hardware, electrical etc) if any for ONE Year trouble free
Operation should be provided for the quoted instrument. All the required spares would
be made available as and when required for next 5 years from the date of supply.
1. Installation, Commissioning & training.
Installation & Commissioning of the equipment should be done by Trained Engineers of
the Company at HPCL R&D site and demonstration to be given for at least 5 HPCL
scientists/operators/instrumentation engineers. Cost of this activity to be included during
quoting the equipment cost.
2. After sales service
The vendor shall give guarantee after sales services as per HPCL’s “General terms and
conditions for supply’’. The vendor should have an authorized Indian/representative to
provide Installation, commissioning, training and after sale service. The detailed address of
the service Agents to be provided along with the offer.
3. Guarantee: The vendors should provide guarantee for one year from the date of complete
installation for all the equipment as per HPCL’s “General terms and conditions for supply’’.
4. The vendor should provide the ‘Soft’ and ‘Hard’ Copies of All Operating Manuals, Service
Manuals catalogues brochures giving particulars and details of operation/Maintenance of
the instrument, & detailed list of all spare parts.
5. All performance and operational specifications as mentioned in the technical specification
must be demonstrated satisfactorily at the user’s laboratory.
6. The rate quoted should be inclusive of all the software, power supply, calibration and
other requirements to meet the functioning of the equipment.
7. The equipment offered shall have performance track record for similar application.
8. Vendor shall furnish installation details for the equipment including any special
requirements like power supply, utilities etc. along-with the offer.
9. The equipment to be configured for 200 to 240 V volts 50 Hz Operation.
10. Payment Terms:
The vendor should provide Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) as per the “General Terms
and Conditions” of HPCL.
90% of the total order value will be paid after receiving the materials and submission of
10% PBG to HPCL. The remaining 10% will be paid only after successful completion of
installation, commissioning & Training.
11. Annual Maintenance Contract: Parties must quote firm and fixed AMC charges
(comprising of at least two visits per year) for three years after completion of guarantee
period. The same cost shall form the cost of equipment for evaluation purpose. Order
shall be placed at later date. In case of breakdown, vendor representative will visit within
3 days or earlier. AMC is only for services and price of spares will be paid on actuals.
12. Users list
Users list for the quoted model along with the address and contact person should be
provided. The offered instrument should be of latest version at the time of dispatch
13. Delivery Schedule: Four months from the Date of purchase order/LOA.
14. Equipment must be supplied with complete standard accessories.