REFERENCES1. ANSI/AISC 360-05(2005), ‘Specification for Structural Steel Buildings’, AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION One East Wacker Drive, Suite 700 ,Chicago, Illinois 60601-1802.2. Andrew Chan,et al.(2011),Seismic Evaluation & Design: Special Moment‐Resisting Frame Structure,San Francisco State University, Canada College and NASA Sponsored Collaboration.3. Arcelor Mittel (2009), ‘Earthquake Resistant Steel Structures’, Long Carbon Europe Sections and Merchant Bars.4. Arzhang Alimorad et al.(2007), Probabilistic Performance-Based Optimal Design of Steel Moment-Resisting Frames. II: Applications, JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING, June 2007, pp767-776.5. ASCE/SEI 7–10, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures’, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2010.6. Athanasia K. Kazantzi(2008),Probabilistic seismic performance assessment of steel moment resisting frames, Submitted for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy,Faculty of Civil Engineering ,University of Surrey, January 2008.7. Brazil (2005), ‘Effect of Semi-Rigid Connection in Optimal Design of Frame Structures , 6th World Congresses of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization Rio de Janeiro, 30 May - 03 June 2005,
8. Behrouz Asgarian (2008), Effect of Design Loads in Buckling Restrained Braced Frames Performance, the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering October 12-17, 2008, Beijing, China.9. Bill Tremayne & Trevor E Kelly(2005), ‘Time history analysis as a method of implementing performance based design’, NZSEE Conference.10. Carlos De Oliveira and Jeffrey A. Packer (2009), Ample Seismic Protection, MODERN STEEL CONSTRUCTION JUNE, pp34-36.11. Cheng Chenand James M. Ricles(2010),"Stability Analysis of Direct Integration Algorithms Applied to MDOF Nonlinear Structural Dynamics,Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 136, No. 4,PP.485- 495.12. Chia-Ming Uang and Masayoshi Nakashima, (2004),’ Steel Buckling- Restrained Braced Frames’, CRC Press LLC.13. Christopher M. Foley (2007), ‘Probabilistic Performance-Based Optimal Design of Steel Moment-Resisting Frames I: Formulation’, JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING c ASCE / JUNE, pp 757- 766.14. Clark, P., Aiken, I., Kasai, K., Ko, E., and Kimura, I. (1999). "Design procedures for buildings incorporating hysteretic damping devices," in Proceedings of the 68th Annual Convention, pp. 355-371,Structural Engineers Association of California, Sacramento.15. Dhaval P.Advani and Dr. R.K. Gajjar(2011),Investigation of Efficient Bracing System As Per IS:800-2007,National Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology.
16. Dimitrios G. Lignos at el.(2009),COLLAPSE ASSESSMENT OF A 4- STORY STEEL MOMENT RESISTING FRAME,ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering M. Papadrakakis, N.D. Lagaros, M. Fragiadakis (eds.) Rhodes, Greece, 22–24 June 2009.17. Dasse Design Inc, Structural Engineers,(2009), ‘COST ADVANTAGES OF BUCKLING RESTRAINED BRACED FRAME BUILDINGS’, San Francisco, CA 94105.18. D.C. Rai (2003),Seismic evaluation and upgrading of chevron braced frames’, Journal of Constructional Steel Research 59, pp 971–994.19. Deulkar & al. (2010),’Buckling Restrained Braces for Building Structure’, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences, Volume 4, Issue 4.20. Do Dai Thang(2009), Optimum Cost Design of Steel Box-Girder by Varying Plate Thickness,KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering,13(1) pp 31-37.21. Dr. N. Subramanian (2008), Code Of Practice On Steel Structures -A Review Of IS 800 2007’, CE&CR AUGUST, pp. 114-134.22. D. R. Sahoo and S.H. Chao(2010), PERFORMANCE-BASED PLASTIC DESIGN METHOD FOR BUCKLINGRESTRAINED BRACED FRAMES, Proceedings of the 9th U.S. National and 10th Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering.23. Edward L. Wilson (2002),Three-Dimensional Static and Dynamic Analysis of Structures, Computers and Structures, Inc.Berkeley, California, USA.
24. Edison Ochoa (2003), ‘COMPARATIVE PARAMETRIC STUDY ON NORMAL AND BUCKLING RESTRAINED STEEL BRACES’, A Dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for Master Degree in Earthquake Engineering July 2003.25. Eduardo Miranda et al.(1994),’Evaluation of Strength Reduction Factors for Earthquake-Resistant design’, Earthquake Spectra, Vol.10,No.2,pp357-379.26. E.Kalkan (2004),Lateral load distribution in nonlinear static procedures for seismic design’, ASCE-Structures, pp 1-1027. E. Salajeghehat al. (2004),’ CONTINUOUS DISCRETE VARIABLE OPTIMIZATION OF STRUCTURES USING APPROXIMATION METHODS’, IJE Transactions A: Basics Vol. 17, No. 3, September, 2004, pp227-242.28. Eric Wayne Hoffman (2012),Improving Optimization of Tall Lateral Force Resisting Systems Using Non-Linear Time History Analysis and Genetic Algorithms, A project submitted to the faculty of Brigham Young University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science.29. E.S. Kameshki (2003),’ Discrete Optimum Design of Steel Frames by Genetic Algorithm’ , J. King Saud Univ., Vol. 15, Eng. Sci. (2), pp. 217-234, Riyadh (1423/2003).30. European Committee for Standardization (2004). EN1998-1: Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance-Part 1: General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings. Brussels.
31. Fadi Farhat (2009), ‘Application of genetic algorithm to optimization of buckling restrained braces for seismic upgrading of existing structures’ , Computers and Structures 87, pp110–119.32. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)-354 (2000), ‘A Policy Guide to Steel Moment-frame Construction’, SAC Joint Venture.33. FEMA-355F(2000), ,Performance Prediction and Evaluation of Steel Moment-Frame Buildings’, Seismic Hazard and Code Provisions.34. FEMA 450-2(2003), NEHRP Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations for New Buildings and Other Structures.35. Graham T. Oxborrow (2009), ‘OPTIMIZED DISTRIBUTION OF STRENGTH IN BUCKLING-RESTRAINED BRACE FRAMES IN TALL BUILDINGS’, A thesis submitted to the faculty of Brigham Young University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering ,August 2009.36. Gregory G. Deierlein (2010), ‘Nonlinear Structural Analysis for Seismic Design’, A Guide for Practicing Engineers, NEHRP Seismic Design Technical Brief No. 4.37. G.S. Prinz, P.W. Richards and S. Fremming (2008), ‘SEISMIC RESPONSE OF BUCKLING-RESTRAINED BRACED FRAMES WITH BEAM SPLICES’ , The 14 th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering October 12-17, Beijing, China.38. H. Estekanchi and K. Arjomandi((2007),COMPARISON OF DAMAGE INDEXES IN NONLINEAR TIME HISTORY ANALYSIS OF STEEL
MOMENT FRAMES,ASIAN JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (BUILDING AND HOUSING) VOL. 8, NO. 6,pp. 629-646.39. H. AKHLAGHI and A.S. MOGHADAM (2008),Height-Wise Distribution of Peak Horizontal Floor Acceleration (PHFA), the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, 2008, Beijing, China.40. H Sudarsan Rao and B Ramesh Babu (2006),‘Optimized column design using genetic algorithm based neural networks’, Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences Vol. 13, December 2006,pp.503- 511.41. Hyunhoon Choi and Jinkoo Kim (2006),’ Energy-based seismic design of buckling-restrained braced frames using hysteretic energy spectrum’, Engineering Structures Vol.28, pp. 304–311.42. Hyunhoon Choi and Jinkoo Kim(2009),’ Evaluation of seismic energy demand and its application on design of buckling-restrained braced frames ‘, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 31, No. 1,pp. 93-112 .43. IS 1893-2002, Indian standard: Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Part-1, General Provisions and Buildings (Fifth Revision).44. IS: 800-2007,’Indian Standard GENERAL CONSTRUCTION IN STEEL — CODE OF PRACTICE’, (Third Revision).45. Jaan Kiusalaas (2010),NUMERICAL METHODS IN ENGINEERING WITH MATLAB, Second Edition, Cambridge University Press.
46. JAMES O. MALLEY(2005), The 2005 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings, the 2005 North American Steel Construction Conference.47. Janise E. Rodgers (2004), Seismic Response Analysis of a 13-story Steel Moment-framed Building in Alhambra, Open-File Report 2004- 1338, U.S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California.48. Jeff Barr (2007), ‘Preliminary Seismic Design Analysis’, Advanced Technology Solar Telescope (ATST) Project Documentation TN -0095, Revision A.49. Jesse T. Cooper (2009), ‘40 Gold Street – New York, New York’, Technical Report # 1.50. Jinkoo Kim et al. (2004),’ Behavior and design of structures with buckling-restrained braces’, Elsevier, Engineering Structures 26 (2004), pp.693–706.51. Jinkoo Kim and Hyunhoon Choi(2004), ‘Energy-based seismic design of structures with buckling-restrained braces’, Steel and Composite Structures, Vol. 4, No. 6 , pp. 437-452 .52. JINKOO KIM et al.(2009), ‘SEISMIC PERFORMANCE OF TUBULAR STRUCTURES WITH BUCKLING RESTRAINED BRACES THE STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF TALL AND SPECIAL BUILDINGS’, Struct. Design Tall Spec. Build. 18, 351–370.53. Joghataie A. and M. Takalloozadeh (2009),’ Improving Penalty Functions for Structural Optimization’, Transaction A: Civil Engineering Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 308-320, Sharif University of Technology.
54. Kammula Viswanath and Ghamandi Lal Meena (2008),’ DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF FRAMED STRUCTURES’, A Thesis Submitted In Partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of bachelor of technology in Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Rourkela.55. Kimberley Robinson and Cameron Black (2009),’Specifying Buckling- Restrained Brace Systems’, MODERN STEEL CONSTRUCTION, November 2009.56. K.Z. Truman and D.J. Petruska(1992), ‘Parametric optimal design of steel structures’, Earthquake Engineering 10th World Conference,Belkema, Rotterdam, ISBN 9054100605.57. Lukas J. Balling (2007), ‘DESIGN OF BUCKLING-RESTRAINED BRACED FRAMES USING NONLINEAR TIME HISTORY ANALYSIS AND OPTIMIZATION’, A thesis submitted to the faculty of Civil Engineering, Brigham Young University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science.58. Mohammad Ebrahimi et al.(2010),’Seismic Response Evaluation of Moment Resistant Frame with Built-Up Column Section’, American J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences 3 (1): pp.37-41.59. Manicka Selvam.V.K and Bindhu.K.R (2012), ‘Comparison of steel moment resisting frame designed by elastic design and performance based plastic design method based on the inelastic response analysis’ International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Vol. 2, No 4.60. Mark T. Matthews (2009), ’Impact of Large Gravity Loads on Buckling Restrained Brace Frame Performance’, A thesis submitted to the
faculty of Brigham Young University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science.61. Maureen Doyle (2003), A BARRIER ALGORITHM FOR LARGE NONLINEAROPTIMIZATION PROBLEMS’, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of doctor of philosophy.62. Michael Wellford, Andrew Whittaker et. al.(2008), ‘Recommendations for the Seismic Design of High-rise Buildings’, A Consensus Document - CTBUH Seismic Working Group, Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.63. Mohammad Ali Hadianfard and Mahdieh Gadami, SEISMIC DEMAND OF STEEL STRUCTURES WITH MASS IRREGULARITY Journal of Engineering and Technology.64. Mokhtar S. Bazaraa et al.(2006), ‘ Nonlinear Programming- Theory and Algorithms’, Willey International, A John Willey & Sons, Inc.Publications.65. Nabih F,G Youssef et al.(1995),A Survey of Steel Moment-Resisting Frame Buildings Affected by the 1994 Northridge Earthquake ,Buildingand Fire ResearchLaboratory,National Institute of Standardsand Technology, Gaithersburg,MD 20899.66. NEHRP Recommended Provisions(2006), Design Examples FEMA 451 , Prepared by the Building Seismic Safety Council for the Federal Emergency Management Agency of the Department of Homeland Security National Institute of Building Sciences Washington, D.C.
67. Nakashima M. et al., (2000,)‘Steel Moment Frames for Earthquakes in United States and Japan’, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, p. 861-868, August.68. N.T.K. Lam et al.(2007), ‘Calculation of Earthquake Actions on Building Structures in Australia’, EJSE International Special Issue: Loading on Structures.69. Omar El Kafrawy and Ashutosh Bagchi(2007),’Computer Aided Design and Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Frame Buildings for Seismic Forces’,Information Technology Journal 6(6), pp.798-808.70. Özgür Yeniay(2005), ‘PENALTY FUNCTION METHODS FOR CONSTRAINED OPTIMIZATION WITH GENETIC ALGORITHMS’, Mathematical and Computational Applications, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 45- 56.71. Patxi Uriz and Stephen A. Mahin (2008), ’Toward Earthquake- Resistant Design of Concentrically Braced Steel-Frame Structures’, PEER ReportNo.08 Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center College of Engineering University of California, Berkeley.72. Peng Pan et al., (2007), ‘Constraint approach to performance-based design of steel moment-resisting’, Engineering Structures 29, pp.186– 194.73. Peter Fajfar, M EERI (2000), ‘A Nonlinear Analysis Method for Performance Based Seismic Design’, Earthquake Spectra, Vol.16, No.3. pp.573-592.74. Peter W CLARK, et al.(2000), ‘EVALUATION OF DESIGN METHODOLOGIES FOR STRUCTURES INCORPORATING STEEL
UNBONDED BRACES FOR ENERGY DISSIPATION ’12th World Conference in Earthquake Engineering.75. Pezeshk and C. V. Camp et al. (2000),’ DESIGN OF NONLINEAR FRAMED STRUCTURES USING ENETIC OPTIMIZATION’, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 126, No. 3.76. Qiang Xie(2005),State of the art of buckling-restrained braces in Asia, Journal of Constructional Steel Research 61.,pp.727–748.77. Rafael Sabelli and Walterio López (2004),’Design of Buckling- Restrained Braced Frames’, THE STEEL CONFERENCE, Modern Steel Construction, March.78. Rafael Sabelli, (2003), ‘Development of Building Code Provisions for Buckling-Restrained Braced Frames’, Proceedings of STESSA 2003, Behavior of Steel Structures in Seismic Areas. Naples, Italy, June.79. Rafael Sabelli(2001), RESEARCH ON IMPROVING THE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EARTHQUAKE-RESISTANT STEEL-BRACED FRAMES ,The 2000 NEHRP Professional Fellowship Report.80. Roberta Marstellar(2002),CHEVRON BRACING IN LOW-RISE BUILDINGS,`Steel-Wise,Modern Steel Construction.81. Ronald O. Hamburger (2009), ‘Earthquakes and Seismic Design’, Facts for Steel Buildings Number 3, American Institute of Steel Construction.82. Saif Hussain et al.(2005), ‘Buckling Restrained Braced Frame (BRBF) Structures- Analysis, Design and Approvals Issues’, Nippon Steel News, No. 333, September.
83. Sejal P Dalal et al (2012), ‘Comparison of Elastic Design and Performance Based Plastic Design Method Based on the Inelastic Response Analysis using SAP2000 ’, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 45– No.9.84. Singiresu S. Rao (2009),’Engineering Optimization: Theory and Practice’, Fourth Edition 2009 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.85. Soon-Sik LEEet al. (2004), PERFORMANCE-BASED SEISMIC DESIGN OF STEEL MOMENT FRAMES USING TARGET DRIFT AND YIELD MECHANISM,13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering Vancouver, B.C., Canada August 1-6, 2004, Paper No. 266.86. Star Seismic Europe(2010), Cost advantages of Buckling Restrained Braced Frame buildings in accordance with Eurocode ,www.star Seismic ed.87. Takanori OYA et al.(2009), Practical study on a new type Buckling- Restrained-Brace ,Proceedings of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures.88. Taranpreet Singh(2006),Seismic Evaluation of Reinforced Concrete Buildings,A Thesis submitted towards the partial fulfillment of requirements for the award of the degree of Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering(Structures),THAPAR INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY.89. Thomas Heaton (2007),Simulated Performance of Steel Moment- Resisting Frame Buildings in the 2003 Tokachi-oki Earthquake , Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst. Univ. Tokyo Vol. 81, pp.1-5.
90. T.K. Datta(2010),’Seismic Analysis of Structures’ , John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pvt Ltd, 2 Clementi Loop, # 02-01, Singapore 129809.91. W N Deulkar et al.(2010),BUCKLING RESTRAINED BRACES FOR VIBRATION OF BUILDING STRUCTURE, IJRRAS 4 (4) .92. WALTERIO A. LÓPEZ, DAVID S. GWIE, et al. (2004),Structural Design and Experimental Verification of a Buckling-Restrained Braced Frame System’, Engineering Journal / Fourth Quarter, pp.177-186.93. Walterio A. López and Rafael Sabelli (2004),’ Seismic Design of Buckling- Restrained Braced Frames’, Structural Steel Educational Council, Technical Information and Product Service.94. WALTERIO A. LÓPEZ, et al. (2004),Structural Design and Experimental Verification of a Buckling-Restrained Braced Frame System, Engineering Journal, Fourth Quarter, pp. 177-186.95. Walterio A. López et al.(2001),Design Of Unbonded Braced Frames ,Proceedings 70th Annual Convention, Structural Engineers Association of California, Sacramento, California.96. Yasuyuki NAGANO (2000), APPLICATION OF OPTIMUM DESIGN METHODS TO ACTUAL HIGH-RISE BUILDING WITH HYSTERETIC DAMPERS, 12th World Conference of Earthquake Engineering, paper No.1463. 97. Yousef Bozorgnia et.al.( 2010),’ GUIDELINES FOR PERFORMANCE- BASED SEISMIC DESIGN OF TALL BUILDINGS’, Report No. 2010/05,Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center College of Engineering University of California, Berkeley .