Shaikh Vasi Abbas
Present Contact Address:
25/B, Noble Niwas, Gultekdi, Pune 411037
Mobile : +91 9730374761, +91 8600412031
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Directing and Supervising ~ Managing Business Operations,
Quality Control and Development
Offering an impressive experience of 23 years in the field of prepress and general knowledge press and
• Presently back to India from June 2016 and looking up for new opportunities.
• Of the latest was holding the post of a Color Quality Control Manager at Al Madina newspapers in
Jeddah -Saudi Arabia.
• Organizing and Directing the complete work flow using Digital color correction.
• Worked as a Production Manager of Arabian Woman, Arabian Man, Haute Couture fashion and Auto Deal.
• Supervised the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs.
• And providing inspirational guidance and efficient leadership to achieve excellence in CTFs, now CTPs and
digital print production.
• Trained by the Japanese engineers and worked as Digital technician on
Dainnipon digital machines .
• Expertise in incorporating new ideas and the most up to date knowledge in order to make advancements
in color correction, image manipulation.
• Knowledge of Digital proofing and calibration systems such as:
Dupont, Epson and Tektronix
• Knowledge of softwares such as Adobe Creative Suite CS2: Adobe Photoshop , Adobe Illustrator, Adobe
InDesign and QuarkXpress, Prinect Metadimension and PDF tools.
• 3D rendering (from2D) and 3D printing.
• Grey Tec and Eye One dot checking systems - Transmission and Reflection Spectrometers
• Introduction of grey bar on the base line of the newspaper.
• Introduction of UCR/UCA software in the newspaper.
• Color management on images to match the suitable print substrate.
Al MADINA NEWSPAPER & ASSOCIATED MAGAZINE PUBLISHERS, JEDDAH 2006 -
Color Quality Control Manager
• Presently handling the complete image editing/ prepress/design project.
• Responsible for controlling and training Digital prepress project of Heidelberg CTFs, CTPs and digital
HP calibrated 6 color printers.
• Organizing the complete work flow using expertise in Digital color correction.
• Supervising of all digital graphic work on all Mac and PC platforms using all relevant software.
• Working in conjunction with the design and marketing team.
• Coordinating with clients and understanding technicaland functional specifications.
Successfully initiative in installing 3 Heidelberg (suprasetter)CTP’s in the prepress house.
Introduced UCR software which improved the product quality of Al Madina Publishers.
Along with it saved a 100000 riyals of ink every year.
The introduction of grey strip below every page helped the printer to improve the registration and maintain
the gray scale though out the whole process of printing.
Introduced solid color ink dots nearthe grey strip which kept the density of ink on the track.
Suggestion of changing the graining direction of plates helped in the wear and tear of the plates
thereby saving huge amount of money in the remaking of the plates.
Trained the present image editing staff which in turn led to reduction of the time consumed in the improving
of the final quality of image.
AZHER INFORMATION TECNOLOGY, JEDDAH
(Magazine printers and publishers)
• Of a reputed car magazine 'Saudi Auto' in Jeddah ,Saudi Arabia.
• Had the responsibility of handling reputed magazines such as Arabian Woman, Arabian Man, Haute Couture
fashion and Auto Deal.
• Heading the Creative Design Dept. and finalizing of art works.
• Checking of PDF workflows and coordinating with the clients.
• Supervision of all technical/Quality control staff.
• Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through
production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
Successfully took part in installing new equipments like Heidelberg scanners and CTFs and achieved
an significant increase in the production turnover.
The redesigning of the Saudi auto trophy issued by the magazine every year to the car manufactures improved
the reputation of the magazine and the attractiveness ofthe trophy itself. This project of redesigning was
handed to me directly by the editor in chief of the magazine to me.
The overall presentation of the new face of the magazine helped in increasing the circulation and it was
decided to launch new magazines. From here it was known as the pan Arabian magazine of the middle east.
Using the Adobe Photoshop to its optimum helped in improving the quality of not only the cover of
the magazine but almost all the images in it.
GALLANT PRINT PVT. LTD. PUNE ,INDIA
(Magazines printers and publishers)
• Worked for a Publishing and graphic design company (Gallant Print pvt.ltd.) in Pune - India.
• Started the prepress career after the initial stint as a press photographer and later as a scanner on
• Worked as a scannerfor next few years and was given promotion as a production manager.
Gallant print was just a printing office with machines of MAN & HMT but soon it turned into a prepress
house with the introduction of Dainippon drum scannerand online processors undermy supervision.
Bachelors in Commerce specialized in Business Administration from Pune University –India (passed-1984).
• As the production manager in Al Madina Publishers I underwent a Product training of the new prepress
equipment and software in Heidelberg factory, Germany.
The certificate of the same can be provided whenever requested.
• On job training from Japanese along with the introducing new machines.
• The conversion of my hobby of photography to professionalismhelped me to take up this line of photo
editing and prepress.