Art of Developing Positive Attitude Varun Chandok
• Meaning: Positive attitude is one of the most important things you need to practice throughout your life. Positive attitude is more than just something you do when things go wrong or when you try to correct a situation. Positive attitude is a way of living, it is a practice, it is a technique that you need to incorporate into your daily life if you have any intentions of changing things and accomplishing your goals. Positive attitude requires that you get rid of all you negative thought patterns and creates a new belief system. There isn’t a book out there that can do this for you, because you have to train your mind to work differently.
• Example: Here is an example of what people think is positive attitude. A person may lose his job and says: “Oh, I know I’ll get a job, I have to. I am just going to take my time and I’ll get a job soon.” That’s being optimistic but it’s not necessarily incorporating with positive thinking. Optimism is an attitude. Positive thinking is a frame of mind that gets results. In order to develop this frame of mind you need to train your mind and not have a simple attitude.
• Difference between Positive and Negative Attitude:1. A positive attitude attracts people while negative attitude repels them.2. Positive attitude helps one to handle stress and problems better than those who have a negative attitude.3. Positive attitude makes one self-assured, confident and satisfied while negative attitude has an opposite effect.4. Positive attitude makes you healthier.
• Positive attitude- An Art: If you want to live longer, be happy, healthy and successful all you have to do is tell yourself that you can do it. you feel exhilarated, energetic, happy and on the top of the world. A sense of total well being permeates your mind. The future looks bright. You feel good to be alive. That is the power of positive affirmations. It is a powerful tool for transforming your inner self into an amazing health-generating, self-healing entity.
• Few actions that develop the power of Positive Attitude:1. Always use only positive words while thinking and while talking like ‘I can’, ‘I am able’ etc.2. Allow into awareness only feelings of happiness, strength and success.3. Try to disregard and ignore negative thoughts.4. Read at least one page of inspiring book every day.5. Watch movies that make you feel happy.6. Associate yourself with people who think positively.7. Always sit and walk with your back straight.8. Walk, swim and engage in other physical activities.9. Think positive and expect only favorable results.10. In conversation use words that evoke feelings and mental images of strength, happiness and success.
• Tips for maintaining a Positive Attitude:1. Read positive and inspiring books.2. Listen to CDs.3. Wake up early.4. Exercise.5. Plan your week and day.6. Be thankful.7. Surround yourself with positive people.
• Positive Attitude- How to develop:1. Listen to internal dialogue.2. Learn to communicate.3. Help someone out.4. Find your spirituality.5. Laugh at yourself and find humor in simplest of things.6. Participate in new physical and mental activities to improve confidence levels and coping mechanisms.
• Positive Attitude- Benefits:1. Helps achieving goals and attaining health.2. Success achieved faster and more easily.3. More happiness and more energy.4. Greater inner power and strength.5. The ability to inspire and motivate others and ourselves.6. The ability to surmount any difficulty.7. Life smiles at us.8. People respect us.9. Look at the bright side of life.10. Choose to be and stay optimistic.11. Find reasons to smile more often.12. Visualize only what we want to happen.
• Positive Attitude- Key to success: In order to make positive thinking yields results, you need to develop a positive attitude towards life, expect a successful outcome of whatever you do, but also take a necessary actions to ensure your success. Effective positive thinking that brings results is much more than just repeating a few positive words or telling yourself that everything is going to be alright. It has to be your predominant mental attitude. It makes your life to move more smoothly and makes life look bright and promising.