Personal Question:1. Tell me about yourself? a. Hello, I am Yamini, pursuing MBA from Vanguard Business School, Bangalore. I have done my B.Com from Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra. I have been interned in Hyderabad based Non Banking Financial Company firm called HDB Financial Services Ltd. I have done my trainings in Orientation Program Training and Informational Technology Training from ICAI. b. Back home in Hathras, Uttar Pradesh. We are a family of five. My Father and Mother are businessman and businesswomen. I have my elder sisters, both are married and settled. I love to dance in my leisure. In other words, dancing is my passion. I choreographed and won the intercity and cultural group dance competition in my schooling. I am very active, passionate and enthusiastic person. c. I am the Secretary of Corporate Interactions Club at Vanguard Business School and represents the Literary Club and Finance Club. I have organized the Fresher’s Day Party along with my two batchmates and adjudged Ms. Fresher at Vanguard and I have also organized the Finance Quiz Competition with other two batchmates. I have participated in the Cultural Fest of IIM-Bangalore.2. What is your hobby and interest? a. My hobbies and interest are as cooking, listening to music and to interact with people.3. Why vanguard or Bangalore as you are from Delhi? a. If I talk generally, then I will say that my family and myself was impressed with ARKS Sir’s conference. As well, I have been aspirants from IIM people, looking that these people have really something different from others. I would not be able to prepare like those people to get into it, might be because I have not been grown up in such type of environment. But, Vanguard is a new college, which is run by IIM and XLRI people. Every college has its own USP, thus, this college also has its own USP of Mentorship and practical knowledge. I am sure we will not be getting these types of facilities in other colleges. Thus, I chose Vanguard.
4. Why MBA? a. MBA is a expose to us for a wide networking area of subjects and people, giving much experience in the subject area of marketing, finance, operations research, human resource, etc. But, the basic reasons of doing MBA are the high pay packages, higher positions in the organizations and the well status of life style.5. What is your greatest strength? a. My greatest strength is my positive attitude. For example,6. Tell me about your dream job. a. Well, till now, I have not planned as such. But yes, I am looking for a job where I will be handling the department of my specialization. My specialization is in Finance and Marketing. In finance, I am comfortable with the Portfolio Management, where in Marketing, I am comfortable with satisfying customer for which they are looking for. b. A job where I love the work, like the people, can contribute to get to work.7. What kind of person would you refuse to work with? a. I will never be refusing to work with somebody. Each and every person has its own way to do their work. I am ready to work with any type of people as I am learning from different people.8. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure? a. I have presence of mind. I don’t feel aggressive or nervous very soon. I am composed personality, wherein I first listen carefully, understand it and then react to act. For example, I
9. Describe your work ethic. a. My work ethic includes honesty towards my work, integrity in team work.10. Do you think you are overqualified for this position? a. If I talk in respective of a Fresher, No one is qualified for any position. Once they are entering into the market they have to understand, and learn about the market rather comparing themselves for their posts.11. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience? a. I am a clean slate; I do not have any bad habits to add to the organization. But yes, I am a quick learner. b. I know that a lot of companies in this industry require years of experience. But there are benefits to being fresh. I am very passionate about what I do. Everything is new to me, so I am that much more excited to learn everything. Experienced people, even though theyre probably successful, are not as willing to change. In fact, I dont think theyre as passionate about the job, because everything is normal to them. We live in a changing world and if youre not motivated to do well, I dont think the company can do well.12. What qualities do you look for in a boss? a. Being helpful and supportive at the time of need. b. Being appreciated to the work done.13. Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others.14. What position do you prefer on a team working on a project?
a. I’ll prefer to be a Leader. I think I can manage a team easily, for example, I am the secretary of corporate Interactions Club in Vanguard whierein I am handling 30 people.15. What has been your biggest professional disappointment? a.16. Tell me about the most fun you have had ever?17. Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?18. Did you have any failures in your life?19. What have you learnt from your failures?20. Do you prefer to work alone or do you work better in group?21. What are your professional goals?22. Who has inspired you in life and why?23. What makes you the best candidate for this position?24. If any other company will offer you more salary than us, would you switch your job?25. Which goal will be more important for you? your individual goal or companys goal. ?26. If I hire you then how much % profit you will grow for my company?27. What is better Success or Excellence?28. Do you believe in Luck or hard work?29. Do you have any year drop in your career? If yes why? Justify yourself –30. Explain about your role as President?31. Explain about your role as Acad?32. Explain about the competitions you have participated. HR Question:
33. Why do you want to work for this organization?34. What do you know about this organization?35. Are you a team player?36. What kind of salary do you need?37. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?38. Explain how you would be an asset to this organization?39. Why should we hire you?40. Why do you think you would do well at this job?41. What is more important to you: the money or the work?42. Would you be willing to relocate if required?43. If you were hiring a person for this job, what would you look for?44. Do you have any questions for me?45. Which is the most unforgettable moment in your life?46. How do you overcome stress at work?47. What was the toughest challenge you have ever faced?48. Tell me honestly about the strong points and weak points of your boss (company, management team, etc.)49. How could you have improved your career progress?50. Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized?51. Looking back, what would you do differently in your life?52. Have you done any new work or taken some risk in the past?53. Tell me something about your summer experience and the lessons learnt during that duration?54. Why did you opt for Marketing as your specialization or finance?55. Your grades are very poor so how can you prove in our company in case we hire you?56. What is the difference between confidence and over confidence?57. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?58. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?59. Can you work under pressure?60. Are you willing to relocate or travel?61. What motivates you to do good job?
62. What makes you angry?63. Give me an example of your creativity.64. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?65. What are your career options right now?66. Explain how would be an asset to this organization?67. What are your outside interests?68. Would you lie for the company?69. Who has inspired you in your life and why?70. What applicable attributes / experience do you have? Academic Question:71. What is sale and marketing?72. What college subjects did you like best? Why?73. What is marketing mix and 7Ps?74. Differentiate between marketing and sales.75. Why have you chosen marketing as major?76. Sell this product to me ex: Pen77. Explain marketing mix.78. What is SWOT?79. What is STP?80. Explain Mean, median and mode with practical examples.81. Why analytics?82. What is price elasticity?83. Tell me 4 p’s of a company.84. What is debit and what is credit?85. What are the steps of marketing plan?86. Define Market Research.87. How to analyze the balance sheet.88. Tell about the Maslow hierarchy.89. What is the difference between equity and debentures?90. What is Finance and Accounting?
91. What is PLC curve?92. What do you mean by hallow effect in Human Resource?93. What is cultural stereotype in HR?94. What are the stages of Conflict? In MCN95. Managers are born and not made. Do you agree to this statement? Why? a. Engineering:96. What is the difference between a latch and a flip flop. For the same input, how would the output look for a latch and for a flip-flop ?97. Minimize a Boolean expression.98. Draw transistor level nan gate.99. Draw the cross-section of a CMOS inverter.100. Given an inverter with a particular timing derive an inverter using the previous one but with the required timing other than the previous one.101. Change the rise time and fall time of a given circuit by not changing the transistor sizes but by using current mirrors.102. 74. What is a Diode?103. What is Alpha, beta?104. What is portfolio management?105. Which one is better investment Equity or Debt and why? HR Question106.Where do you see yourself after 5 years from now ?107. If not selected today, what will be your future course of action?108.Why this company?109.Why should I hire you?110. Why do you think you would enjoy your chosen area of study (Eg: Marketing)?
111. How much salary do you expect?112. What do you know about our company?113. How would manage poor performance?114. What motivates you?115. How much training do you think youll need to become a productive employee? What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?116. Is money important to you?117. Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?118. Can you give three reasons why would you like to join our company?119. Have You Heard About Our Company?120. How Long Do You Expect to Stay with the Company?121. Are you updated on current affairs?122. What have you done being a member of marketing and literature club?123. What have you learnt in MBA till date?124. What do you think about Indian economy?125. You have travelled a lot of places for your education from Kolkata, Chennai and finally Bangalore. Why is that? And would you like to have a profile which involves frequent travelling in the country? Analytical or Logical Questions:126. If I have to count how many mails are sent in a day in India, how do you go about it?127. If I have to sell Tata Nano in Bangalore, how do you go about marketing and selling it?128. There are 9 balls, 8 of them are of same weight and 1 is slightly light, in how many minimum steps do you find the lighter ball?