Stem cell and aging
• Stem cell constantly produces new cells to replace aging cells in human body and maintains life by
fighting against aging process.
• Prof. Mark Knoepfler at UC Davis even writes in his book titled “Stem Cells: An Insider’s Guide”
that human ultimately dies in the process aging by depletion of stem cells.
#1 :Source: “Stem Cell: An Insider’s Guide”
Stem cells in anti-aging
• Anti-aging mechanism of stem cell is done either by 1) self replication and differentiation into new
cells to replace aging cells (differentiation model); or by 2) secreting a cocktail of trophic factors
activating aging cells and endogenous stem cells (paracrine model) in the body.
• The cocktail of trophic factors secreted by stem cell is called stem cell conditioned media and can
be used as an anti-aging agents in skincare product if collected in appropriate and legitimate way.
Stem cell and aging in skin
• Human skin constantly refreshes itself in a cycle of 28 days (4 weeks), and the refreshing process
is controlled and governed by skin stem cell present in epidermis and dermis in the skin.
• Skin stem cell rapidly decreases in number after at the age of 30s and 40s, thus the skin refreshing
process is slowed down, which is a root cause of skin aging
#2 Ref: H. Akamatsu et al., (2016) J. Dermatol 43: 311
• The ultimate solution for skin aging lies in the anti-aging at the cellular level, and the various
trophic factors present in stem cell conditioned media is the best solution to reverse and activate
aging skin stem cells.
• Prof. Uyama Keiko at Tokyo dental university declares that cosmetics industry is in the process of
paradigm shift and anti-aging at the cellular level by stem cell conditioned media (“Regenerative
Skincare”) is in the next wave.
#3 Source: “細胞美人”
• The quality of stem cell conditioned media depends on the quality of stem cell it is derived from.
• Stem cell will age as other types of cell, and thus the regenerative capacity decrease as it ages.
• It should be noteworthy in selecting stem cell based cosmetics to carefully check whether the
conditioned media is derived from healthy and young stem cell.
#4 Ref: Yao B. et al., (2016) Int Wound J 13: 1252
NGF37: conditioned media from hUCB mesenchymal stem cell
• NGF37 is a conditioned media from human cord blood stem cell freshly obtained from new born baby.
• Regenerative capacity of cord blood stem cell is far higher than those from other sources (i.e. adipose).
• MEDIPOST’s cutting edge cell culture technology overcomes a scarcity of cord blood stem cell.
• NGF37 is processed by strict MFDS regulation in Korea and manufactured under GMP guideline.
Cell Culture for
Cell Culture for CM
CM Filtering CM Collection
Preparation of NGF37
• NGF37 is a collection of trophic
factors secreted by human cord
blood derived mesenchymal stem
cells (hUCB-MSC) optimized for
• All safety testings have been
completed required by regulatory
authority in Korea (general,
genetic, skin/eye and phototoxicity)
• Strict donor eligibility test applied
to all cord blood as a source
• NGF37 is a trade name for human
cord blood cell conditioned media
registered to ICID (INCI 22747)
and CAS (#871903-86-5)
• NGF37 is manufactured at GMP
facility of MEDIPOST under sterile
• NGF37 consists of various trophic factors secreted by cord blood stem cells that contains 37 growth
factors essential in skin rejuvenation.
• NGF37 is registered to ICID as a legitimate cosmetic ingredient, and its safety is fully proved by non-
clinical and clinical studies based on the strict regulation by MFDS in Korea
NGF37 safety and efficacy
• NGF37 skin safety (no irritation and no allergy) was proved by clinical study.
• NGF37 efficacy on skin rejuvenation was tested by clinical study against 15 skin disorders and
troubles including hydration, elasticity, resilience, wrinkle reduction, skin tone & brightness, soothing
and dark spot & pigmentation.