Color Wheelz is designed to transform a 1997 Ford van into a traveling,
participatory installation. This van travels through the five boroughs of NYC filled
with playful activities, which facilitate exploration into the world of color.
Color wheelz tells a story about different people from
different places using color to describe the world they
1. Idea/Purpose-Content: Colorful commentary on NYC
2. Form-Manifestation (technology, book, sculpture, film?): Mobile installation
3. Idiom-Context, style, genre: Experimental, participatory
4. Structure-Composition, what to include, NOT include: Switchboard, slide projector
5. Craft- practical implementation: cutting, sewing, painting, printing, driving
6. Surface-finishing: Kit, posters, Maps, website
What are you trying to
Fun, traveling, participatory installation
What problem do you want to solve?
I want to find out differences and similarities of color
in various neighborhoods.
What do you want to discover?
I want to discover how people use color in the
communities of NY. Do the colors of reflect the
Were there any suprises?
THere will be.
Who are you doing your thesis with/for?
What are the career
and exhibition prospects you'll be able to achieve?
further project through grants/fellowship
ongoing research on color
document results and publish