Mary Kay Ash
November 4, 2010
As a kid….
• Mary was the youngest of 4 kids.
• Her father was sick of terburculosis, so she
had to take care of him.
• She had to clean, cook, and take car of her
father while her mom was at work and school.
• Mary was a straight A student
• Parents couldn’t afford college.
• Instead she got married to Ben Rogers at the
age of 16.
• After Mary got married they had 3 children.
• Ben wanted a divorce when he came back
from fighting in the war.
• She remarried in 1960 but it didn’t last long, 3
years after he died from a heart attack.
An other marriage
• Soon after her second husband pasted away
she met her third husband.
• It was in 1966 when they got married and that
same time she started being known as Mary
• In 1963 Mary founded her own company to
sell skin cream.
• She named her company “Mary Kay Ash”.
• Mary thought it was important to reward her
• She gave away vacations, jewelry.
• She gave away punk Cadillac's to her top
• By 1994 Mary gave away 7,000 cars that
valued up to $100 million.
• Ash first employee were her first husband, a
chemist, and 9 of her friends.
• 1981 sales reached $235 million.
No more Mary
• Mary once said “god first, family second, job
third”, that shows that Mary was a good
• She retired in 1987 and became chairman
• Mary is a great role model for any girl
anywhere in the world.