• Founded by Lee Byung Chull in 1938 as a trading company.
• Samsung ventured into various markets like insurance, retail and securities.
• Black and White TV production started in 1970 by Samsung-Sanyo.
• Samsung started investing heavily in Research and Development in 1980’s.
• It’s current iconic logo was incorporated in 1993.
Samsung SDS Samsung Life
Samsung Fire and Marine
4. Brilliant Marketing Strategy
1. Samsung has been associated with Olympics since 1998
which gives the brand a global audience.
2. Samsung associated itself with a lot CSR activities which
increases its brand equity.
3. Its ad campaigns like “Imagine” and “Quietly Brilliant” have
been highly successful.
Advantages Samsung have over its
Long and proud history of associating with people.
Market leader in both the electronic products and the
actual devices sold.
Regular improvement and upgradation in products
catering to changing customer demands.
What are Samsung’s greatest
Samsung is the market leader and thus
enjoys high profits and commands various
technological changes and prices.