Successfully reported this slideshow.
CASTE & PEOPLE PSYCHE
The purpose of this presentation is
Not to hurt any body just for awareness
Why we choose this topic
Discrimination in caste system
Why we choose this topic
The word caste is derived from the Portuguese
casta meaning lineage, breed, or race.
• A caste system is a type of social classification
which divides people on the basis of inherited
• Although many societies could be described in
this way, within a caste system, people are
rigidly expected to marry and interact with
people of the same social class
Butt: food lovers
(Kashmiri surname) is a common surname used in
In Pakistani Punjab, the local Punjabis use "Butt" as a
Wain or Wani
People psyche about butt
Rajputs ("son of king") are a
prominent social group of
India,Pakistan and Nepal.
They claim descent from the ancient
royal warrior dynasties of india and
have roots to Rajputana, which is a
Rajputs psyche about their caste:
People psyche about rajput
loyalty, self sufficiency,
physical strength, resilience, orderliness, hard
and military strategy.
The Jutt people are a
community in Northern
India and Pakistan
• The history depicts the Jats as a brave,
courageous and loyal caste
• Mostly settled in rural areas
JATT zaat is the one you want to avoid
marrying into if you want peace and tranquility
within your household.
love to argue
ready to fight
biased toward their caste brothers
Sheikh: trade people
• Sheikh is an Arabic word meaning elder of a
tribe, lord, Honorable or Islamic scholar.
• generally attributed to Muslim trading families.
• Mostly came from persia (Iran),Central asia
Turkic tribes and Arabs.
• Business people
• Conscious about their image
• Cooperative to their relatives
• A little bit penny pincher
• Marry in their own relatives or caste
• The Mughal (Mistry) -Mughal
dynasty that ruled India.
• During the fall of the
Mughal empire most
of the Mughals that
• Forced to flee,
• Leaving their land and wealth
• With their love for Architecture, they took to
work as builders (Mistry). Others took to metal
work (Lohar) and Carpentry (Tarkhan)
The name signifies ancestry from the Quraish,
the Arab tribe that Prophet Muhammad
Quraishis in South Asia
The name/term Quraishi signifies Arab ancestry
in South Asia. Quraishi is a multiethnic
community in South Asia, spread across
Pakistan, India and Bangladesh.
A Muslim family name,
originating from the
Quraysh tribe, which was
the noblest tribe in Mecca
around the time of the
birth of Muhammad.
At the time of
Muhammad’s birth, his
Muttalib was the tribal
Quraish is also the name of the
106th Surah of the Qur'an.
Some families are respected
more than others because
they have intrinsic nobility to
• With their love for
Architecture, they took
to work as builders
(Mistry). Others took to
metal work (Lohar) and
The Arain (Urdu: )آرائیں
are a Muslim tribe of
Pakistan who are found
mainly in the Punjab
province and also that
They are chiefly associated with farming, and
the legal profession, with some
being zamindars (landlords).
• The Arains are historically exclusively Muslim
• Their origins are uncertain, with some members
of the community claiming a connection with
• Gentle people
• Boys are lazy
• Vegetable growers
• Like to increase their properties especially land
• Gujjar is considered an
important and historical
• The majority of Gujjars
are found in Pakistan,
India and Afghanistan.
"Kamin is the term for a low caste of tenants
and craftsmen in the Punjab and in the corner
between the River Kabul and the River Swat."
Kamin castes ……..
• The term Kamin prevails in the Punjab.
• The word "Kami" which is customary there
while between River Kabul and Swat
• Among the Kamis in the Punjab, the dominating
castes are the Musalli, Mirasi and Dom in regard
to their professions
Caste discrimination in Pakistan
• A 20-year-old woman from Peshawar was
• Such practices are ritual-based system of social
• Sabir Arif
• Face discrimination
Due to this caste system
• The inequality is severe
• People judge each other
on the basis of caste
• People are losing the
• value of “one nation”.
& one identification
• We always feel that a society based on the
values of freedom and equality will not be
deeply effected by caste conflict, but as we have
seen the situations explained in caste
• These ugly incidents have one thing in common
i.e caste discrimination ( in every situation caste
Quaid-e-Azam had told in his address that
“ there should be no distinction and
discrimination on the basis of caste and creed.
He said that we are equal citizens of one state