Here, we will develop shoes which can serve as a blind stick being more efficient and helpful than the conventional one.
Our project advanced shoes mainly based on the ultrasonic sensor which is sense the object near the shoes and alert the blind person.
Advance shoes for Blind people
Enl. No. & Name
Guided by :
Prof. Sanjiv Shakya
Prof. Jignesh Patel
• There is approximately 39 million people in the
world are blind in 2007 according to World
• India is now home to the world's largest number
of blind people. Of the 39 million people across
the globe who are blind, over 15 million are from
• In our India not so much advance technologies
and equipments use for blind people and very
less number of products launched in india.
• Presently, blind people use a white stick as a
tool for directing them when they move or
• Here, we will develop shoes which can serve
as a blind stick being more efficient and
helpful than the conventional one.
• Our project advanced shoes mainly based on
the ultrasonic sensor which is sense the object
near the shoes and alert the blind person.
• Ultrasonic sensors are based on measuring
the properties of sound waves with frequency
above the human audible range.
• Ultrasonic sensors are non-intrusive in that
they do not require physical contact with their
target, and can detect certain clear or shiny
targets otherwise obscured to some vision-
• We will used Microcontroller ATmega328P in
• It has Operating Voltage of 5V
• Total 28 Pins in ATmega328P
• Digital I/O Pins 14
• Analog I/O Pins 6
• Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega328P)
• A buzzer or beeper is an audio signalling
• There are so many types of buzzer and we will
use piezoelectric buzzer.
• Which is activated from the microcontroller
• It is alert blind people from the object which is
nearer to them.
• A vibration is a mechanism of any mechanical
device which provide to-and-fro motion in any
• There are many different types of vibrator
motor. Some are components of larger
products such as cell phones, pagers
• At noisy site where blind person can’t heard
the buzzer then the vibrator indicate them to
that some object is near to them.
• Battery is a power source of our circuit.
• It is connected with the microcontroller.
• We use 5 V DC battery for our circuit.
• Our project will programmable for certain
distance measurement and sense the object
from that particular distance and get the
buzzer on indicate to the person which is use
our product to that some object or distraction
will be in their way.
• It will very useful to indicate proper direction
for the blind people .
• Auto detection.
• Having feature to give you indicate right path.
• Simple to use.
• Less accidents will be accrued from the blind
• GPS can’t attach in.
• In water circuit will damaged.
• Less mechanical strength.
• GPS can help blind peoples to source &
destination route information.
• GPS can help to find the shortest & best path
as accordingly to Google/ Bing map based on
real time coordinates.
• From the shoes connected GPS we can Easily
find the exact position of blind person.
• Tommy Keirnan :Footwear for people who are
blind or visually impaired
• Vossiek, M.; MBgori, V.; Ermert, H.: An
Ultrasonic Multielement Sensor System for
Position Invariant Object Identification.
• Krupski :Microcontroller ATmega328P