Mobile Apps for
Events and Meetings
Identify Your Audience
The typical meeting or event app can include many audiences
from sponsors to exhibitors, but the most critical focus should be
A mobile app allows you to communicate real-time information
attendees have at their fingertips.
Your app should feature tools that eliminate
paperwork, reduce the hassles associated
with traveling to a new city or event venue
and enable attendees to network and
• Determine how to build awareness of your app with your
attendees so they know about the app and how to find it.
• Make the app available for download from your website and other
mediums. Consider using a QR code for fast downloads.
• Write a detailed description of your app explaining its features.
Use relevant keywords.
• Mention your app in supporting marketing efforts like brochures
and direct mail.
• Use social media to promote your app with links to download it.
• Encourage your audience to spread the word about the app.
Your app should include all the information attendees, exhibitors
and sponsors need including:
• Session descriptions and speakers
• Schedules and locations
• Exhibitor listings and maps (possibly interactive)
• Local restaurants, hotels, etc.
• Social media access
• The ability to receive push notifications
• Links to documentation downloads
• Feedback tools like surveys and polls
Engage, Inform, Connect
These can include:
• Branding opportunities throughout different sections of the app
• In-app banner ads
• Full-screen ads or videos
• Enhanced exhibitor listings with
• Speaker or session sponsorship
Your app can include sponsorship opportunities
to help defray the costs of development.
Contact us to learn
more about the
benefits of mobilizing
event or meeting.