1. The Indian pharmaceutical industry is estimated to be worth $4.5 billion, growing at about 8% to 9% every year. 2. In terms of technology, quality and range of medicines manufactured. 3. It has more than 20,000 registered units and faces severe price competition along with government price control. The pharma industry has grown exponentially in the last two decades. 4. As many as 250 leading pharmaceutical companies control over 70% of the market, with the market leader holding nearly 7% of the market share. 5. India is emerging as the global hub for contract research and manufacturing services due to a combination of low-cost and world-class quality standards.
Emcure&apos;s marketing team comprises of a field force of more than 1,000 detail men (Medical Representatives), five branch offices and 27 distribution centers and cover the entire length and breadth of India. They visit at least 1,50,000 doctors and same number of retailers every month. Headquartered in Pune, India, Emcure is today a vertically integrated pharmaceutical company with infrastructure, skills and resources that are at par with the best in the world. Our strengths span research to the manufacturing of APIs, Formulations and Biotechnology. which has the accreditation of Department of Scientific Industrial Research (DSIR). It has emerged as one of the pioneers in the field of New Drug Delivery System (NDDS) in India. Emcure is working very closely with National Chemical Laboratories (NCL) on Chiral technology. Its six manufacturing facilities located at Bhosari near Pune are comparable to the best in the country and enjoy ISO 9002 and WHO certification.
Mobile & electronic prescribing & medical records Social networks move beyond friends and entertainment of today (Facebook, Eons, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, etc.). Formal and informal patient group sites challenge “controlled” pharma information as users create, post, widget, tweet, download, and rate whatever they want. The rep was once the only “face” of the brand. Now, online initiatives, patient events, and trial programs are more appreciated. They become the start of customer conversations. And those marketers who best support their customers, providing value at key touchpoints, are the most successful.
PS – At the formulation stage Tactical launches – launch along with sports event Open forums – chain of events BA – Xplode – gym tie ups, fitness centre, sponsor hockey team
The Evangelist Effect ® is a deliberate discipline that is predictive and efficient in tapping into social networks and building brand evangelists. It creates a nine-step mode-of-action to build business, and focuses on “activating” customers from awareness and attitude to positive and consistent usage and brand preference.
Building global pharmaceutical brand
Building Global Pharmaceutical Brand
Indian Pharmaceticaul Industry
• A highly organized sector
• The Indian Pharma Industry in India ranks very high in Third World countries
• Globally the Indian pharmaceutical industry ranks
in terms of volume (with an 8% share in global sales)
13th in terms of value (with a share of 1% in global sales)
• It produces 20% to 24% of the world’s generic drugs (in terms of value).
• The Indian pharmaceutical sector is highly fragmented.
• Outsourcing Opportunities
Indian pharmaceutical industry has tremendous potential to grow from the
Emcure – The Brand
• Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. was founded by Mr. Satish Mehta in 1983.
• Emcure is recognized for its world class R&D center.
• Preferred outsourcing partner for some of the largest MNCs both in India and Global markets.
• Today, the Emcure brand stands for quality, competitiveness and transparency. These values have
stood us in good stead to carve our image in the industry and build long-term sustainable
relationships with our partners.
• Short Term
• Daily change in the brands
• Doctors & Chemist
• Long term
• Brand Significance
• Doctors – Opinion Leaders
Core Model Super Core Model
3 trends in pharma branding that will impact the industry over the next five years
• Branding Goes Mobile
• Patient-generated content grows
• The brand is the experience and marketing is a service
What I can bring it to the table?
• Brand Strategy
• Product Positioning
• ‘Feeling Bond‘ between medicine & Patient
• Events & PR
• Xplode - Tactical Launches
• Orofer – Open forums
• Thematic events for other chronic medicine
• Online & Digital
• Xplode – Social Media, Mobile
• Brand Associations
• Web portal for Emcure - We care for you…
• Sales Support
What can Brand Evangelism do for you?
• Create a marketing strategy for building meaningful Customer Relationships across audiences
• Help identify your “brand evangelists” and provide tools for them to sing your praises
• Allow you to use general advertising as a start-off point for starting a two-way, multi-pronged
dialogue and “connectivity” among “brand evangelists” and “influencers”
• Take advantage of online (interactive) marketing beyond a website to impact actual usage and grow