Andrew J Williams
4 Dulas Place, Littlechurch, Herefordshire HR8 0JN
Mobile: 07961988576 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A second year biological scientist, with strong mathematical and problem solving skills, looking for a
work experience opportunity in a laboratory environment.
• Proficient in using main Microsoft Office applications and number of specialised scientific packages.
(give more details of packages)
• Currently learning to program in C++ and use web design software through self-study.
• Diligent, systematic approach and comfortable handling most biology laboratory equipment.
• Confident when working in groups, both for academic projects and in a range of club and society
• Work effectively as part of the Residential Services team at the University of Leicester, being adaptable
to meet the needs of the team.
• Strong verbal communication skills as demonstrated when delivering presentations at university
and at subject-related conferences. Audiences ranged from small groups to numbers of up to 70
• Achieved consistently good marks of 60% upwards for academic assignments and reports as
evidence of my written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, gained over several years in a customer facing role at Ross Spur
• Able to deal with problems calmly and efficiently as shown on a regular basis in my role as night porter.
Careful to approach situations in a neutral and non-personal manner, employing active listening skills
and asking appropriate questions to help to identify problems and working to find a satisfactory
2010 – present BSc Biological Sciences (Biochemistry) University of Leicester,
Incorporates theuseofanalyticalskillstoapproachproblem-based learning in experiments and instruction on a
range of research techniques. (List relevant degree module)
Currently on target to achieve a 2:1.
2006 - 2010 Hereford Abbey School
A-levels: Biology (A), Maths (A), Chemistry (B)
AS-Levels: Physics (B)
GCSEs: 9 GCSEs at grades A-C including English, Mathematics and Science
2010 - 2011 University of Leicester, Night-Porter and Domestic Assistant
• Worked night shifts during vacation in the Residential Services Department.
• Answered telephone and responded to incidents, some of which were emergency situations and
maintained log of events on computer.
• Typically lone-working position and required ability to deal with the unpredictable.
• In conference role, helped to clean and set up the venue, often working within a tight time frame
to get tasks done.
2007 - 2010 Ross Spur Service Station, Cashier
• Employed weekends at a fuelling station on a major roadway.
• Involved handling money, customer service and basic accounts to ensure tills balance at the end of
• Performed regular stock takes, checked deliveries against inventory and quickly put out stock on
Membership of Committees and Societies
• Current member of the University of Leicester Fencing Society and have competed in a number of
regional fencing events.
• Part of RAG charity collection agency at the University of Leicester. Principal committee member
responsible for managing money collections and helping to organise events including RAG week, the
main event in the RAG calendar.
Enjoy reading crime fiction and journals like New Scientist and Nature to keep abreast of developments in
the areas of science and technology.
Mrs Sarah Lindsay (Hall Manager)
Stoughton Drive South
0116 271 5876
Prof Nick Brindle
Department of Biochemistry
Henry Wellcome Building
0116 229 7038