Be the first to like this
In this talk, Professor Dieter Helm, an economist specialising in utilities, infrastructure, regulation and the environment, and concentrating on the energy, water, communications and transport sectors primarily in Britain and Europe, covers the following topics:
• What is a sustainable economy?
• How should the national balance sheet be constructed?
• How should natural capital be taken into account?
• What is the cost of maintaining assets intact through time?
• What are the implications for consumption, savings and investments?
• How would environmental policy be affected?
• Where does the Natural Capital Committee fit?
Dieter is a Professor at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of New College, Oxford.
He holds a number of advisory board appointments in Britain and Europe. Current appointments include: Independent Chair of the Natural Capital Committee, and member of the Economics Advisory Group to the UK Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change.