What is Personal Value…?
• A value is belief, a mission, or a philosophy
that is meaningful. Whether we consciously
aware of them or not, every individual has a
core set o f personal value from the
commonplace, such as the belief in hard work
and punctuality , to the more, physiological
, such as self reliance, concern for other and
harmony of purpose.
Classification Of value
• German philosopher Eduard Spranger proposed
six kind of value. Such are…
• Theoretical: Interest in discovery of truth, use
cognitive approach, relative disregard to the
utility of the objects . Eg scientist, philosopher .
• Economical: More interest in business affairs
marketing, production, use of economic resource
etc. He is mainly a practical person.
• Aesthetic : Interest in artistic approach of life.
He view experience in terms of
grace, symmetry or harmony.
• Social : Interest altruistic and philantrophic
aspect of life. Social people are usually
systematic and unselfish.
• Political: power oriented , seek power
,recognition and influence.
• Religious : Inclined towards to the highest
and absolute satisfying value.
• The overall scope and direction of a
cooperation and the way in which its various
business operation work together to achieve
Effect of Value on Corporate Strategy
• While setting a strategy managers dominant
value ie economical or political, religious or
social influence on his decision , hence on to
the corporate strategy.
• As for example , In the case of Hugh
Hefner, the president of and fonder of HMH
publishing company, represent his aesthetic
• While in the example of the executives of
The New York Times, it represent his social
Floor, Plot G1,
Block EP & GP,
Sector V, Salt-Lake,
Kolkata – 700091.
Next to Chincholi Fire
(West), Mumbai – 400