NIRMA- Marketing Strategy
…..a dynamic phenomenon
that changed our lives…
It was launched in 1969 by Karsanbhai Patel.
Named ‘NIRMA’ after his daughter Nirupama.
Nirma is a customer focused company.
Company’s Priority….. Better
Low financial support.
Staff strength was very low.
At that time it faced stiff market competition as market
was fully dominated by HLL .
MARKET SHARE ON
• Nirma products were sold at half price as compared to its
• Nirma products were available at that time in
25gm, 500gm, 1000gm..
• 400 mn consumers
• From one man-one product in 1969 to a 17 bn company
within three decades.
• By 1970, NIRMA dominated the market
by making the product available at affordable price.
• For the year 2000 NIRMA’s turnover increased by 17%.
• Acquired KISAN Industries at MORIYA
near Ahmedabad in March 2000.
• It is believed that each member is equally important for the
• They provide complete education ,personality development session
as well as job oriented programs.
• They belief that this type of program will
make an individual better person which leads to high productivity.
• Believes in discipline and pleasant working
• Deliver the best satisfaction to customers.
• Focused on quality, empowerment and opportunity
rather than price.
Highway, Ahmedabad –
Floor, Plot G1,
Block EP & GP,
Sector V, Salt-Lake,
Kolkata – 700091.
Goldline Business Centre
Next to Chincholi Fire
(West), Mumbai – 400