4. Fun Facts About Me
● Was asked few times if my name is derived
from the famous book author of “Charlie and
the Chocolate Factory” - Roald Dahl
● PHP backend developer (Drupal/WordPress)
● I run in marathon
● I love travelling and photography
● We are three in family with same birthday
● I have Golden Retriever his name is “Khalil”
Arabic name that means “Friend”
5. What is WP-CLI?
WP-CLI is command line utility tool that makes developer life easy.
Manage sites in just few lines without navigating directly in browser
(hate many clicks?). You can update plugins, configure multisite installs
and much more, without using a web browser.
7. WP-CLI Installation
● UNIX-like environment (OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, Cygwin); limited
support in Windows environment
● PHP 5.4 >
● WordPress 3.7 or later. (Note: Versions older than the latest
WordPress release may have degraded functionality)
13. Local development environment tools that
have built in WP-CLI
1. Pantheon local dev - https://pantheon.io/docs/localdev
2. Lando -
3. Localbyflywheel - https://localbyflywheel.com/
37. Cron Subcommands
wp cron event Schedules, runs, and deletes WP-Cron
wp cron schedule Gets WP-Cron schedules.
wp cron test Tests the WP Cron spawning system and
reports back its status.
38. Run all cron events due right now
$ wp cron event run --due-now