International School of Informatics &
IIS(Deemed to be university)
By : Vinita Choudhary
Jay Kumar Mishra
The Joint Venture is a 50:50 partnership between both the companies.
Tata consumer products
• The fast-moving consumer goods company
with its corporate headquarters in Mumbai.
• It was founded in 1962, Kolkata, India.
• It is the world's second-largest manufacturer
and distributor of tea and a major producer of
• Pushing boundaries and aiming for better
every day for all our stakeholders
• It is an American international coffee house and
roastery reserve chain.
• It is based in Seatle , Washington and was founded in
• It owns and operates as a chain of coffee that sells
salads, sandwiches, yogurts and fruits.
• It also licenses its trademarks through licensed
outlets, grocery and food service accounts and other
• It is a joint venture between
Starbucks and Tata consumer
• First store opened in India was in
• In 2007, Starbucks planned to
enter the Indian Market with the
partnership with Kishore Biyani's
Future Group but it failed.
• It opened its store in Jaipur on 23
Page 04 of 15
Why Starbucks choose
• Tata owns a biggest cafe chains
and higher number of properties
• They share common values of
business ethics and commitments
• They were trustworthy to them.
• The knowledge and understanding
of an Indian market can be
brought by TATA.
Objectives of Joining companies
behind the alliance
• Starbucks will help Tata by
providing new technologies for
the promotion of agronomy
• This will allow Tata to provide
roast coffee beans to Starbucks
• To tap huge emerging
market in India.
• To have access to the high
quality Arabica coffee.
Road till now
Starbucks operates 252outlets in 28cities of India.
How Starbucks successfully entered into Indian
• Experimentation and Innovation: Starbucks always seeks
innovative ideas for presenting, roasting and preservation.
The company took the initiative solely depends upon to
keep on experimenting with making Starbucks a great store.
• Customer relationship: Instead of focusing on building up
relations with new customers, Starbucks focused on
existing relationships with customers, ensuring more fan
• Building a solid social media network: Their main
strategy was focused on sharing posts on Facebook,
Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, also they keep promoting
their brand with visibility.
• Economic resources: Starbucks expects India as its
top 5 market; due to its immense financial support,
Starbucks has an advantage of investments, market
opportunities and expansion activities.
Starbucks strategic priorities
• Strategic priority 1- Shifting from single-use
• Strategic priority 2– Investing in innovative and
regenerative agricultural practices, reforestation
and water replenishment in Starbucks supply chain.
• Strategic priority 3 –Expanding plant-based
options, migrating toward a more environmentally
• Strategic priority 4 - Innovating to develop more
eco-friendly stores, operations, manufacturing and
Starbucks coffee purchasing strategy
• Building relationship with farmers, checking
on agricultural conditions.
• Searching out varieties and sources that
would meet Starbuck's standards.
• Using fixed-price purchase commitment and
purchasing coffee future contracts.
• Purchasing and marketing fair trade certified
• Starbucks believes in value-based pricing,it
sells a coffee experience rather than just a
cup of coffee.
• The experience is enhanced by the decor of
its coffee stores, the music played to relax
you, and the type of product it sells.
• Starbucks implemented a Premium pricing
Significant marketing strategies
• Usage of social media
• loyalty programs
• Strategic alliances
• In-store Marketing
• Mobile App
• Social Responsibility
Internal Environmental variables
• Strong brand image
• Strong financial performance
• Extensive international supply chain
• Quality, Taste and Standardization
• Strong loyalty program
• Gender Neutral Restrooms (To
protect LGBT community against
• High price
• Procurement practices
• Imitability of products
Strong variables Weak variables
• Employment law –pressure to
increase the minimum wage
• Pressure to strengthen
• New product development, including
flavored coffees and improved
decaffeinated coffee for those concerned
about the caffeine content.
• Tax evasion scandal –
this has legal implications
for the company and
damages the corporate
• Biodegradable packaging is key to
• Organic production of coffee is
also on the rise due to consumer
demand for naturally produced
Starbucks taken a glorious initiative
by opening 2 outlets in India which
led by only female staff.
And also target to double it by the
end of the year.
Empowering Girls and Young Women program
Why customer choose Starbucks ?
Whatever you're in the mood for, Starbucks has you covered
Starbucks is the answer to sleep deprivation
Starbucks is the best place to study
They have a rewards system
It completes every outfit
You always have something to look forward to
It makes you happy
How Does Starbucks Differentiate Itself From Competitors?
Starbucks differentiates itself by creating a "third home" value
proposition. In addition to home and work, the company strives
to have a welcoming, warm location for customers to consume
their products. Alternatively, competitors like McDonald's and
Dunkin' Donuts strive for lower prices for goods more likely to
be consumed offsite.
Starbucks has been a worldwide purveyor of the finest coffee and
has established itself as the most employee-valued company while
still retaining its uncompromising standards and values for its
customers. The company’s global recognition is based on the
strategies put in place and the models used in its business processes.
• Internal and external factors affecting Starbucks (ukessays.com)
• Starbucks Investor Funding Elevator Pitch Deck Ppt Template |
Presentation Graphics | Presentation PowerPoint Example | Slide
• Tata Consumer Products – Wikipedia
• Tata Starbucks India (slideshare.net)
• 6 Successful Marketing Strategies of Starbucks - IIM SKILLS
• Dashboard | Tata Starbucks
• Tata Consumer Products