Put a face on your ideas to motivate
your eLearners : learning becomes
easier and more eﬀicient.
Follow these few tips to look your best
You want to make lessons or training sessions in video?
#1-‐ An>cipate ligh>ng
The quality of your image will depend
on the lighting.
It is essential to anticipate your
shooting and adapt the lights.
If the shooting will be indoor, make
sure you have the proper equipment to
For the perfect lighting, use three light sources:
1) One main light, quite strong and
positioned between the subject and the
2) A second light, less strong to reduce
shadows : place it around 45 degrees on the
3) A light in the back to define the contours of
#2-‐ Find the ideal ligh>ng
There are a few simple solutions:
• If you have enough space, put the light
away from the scene.
• Create an indirect enlightening by directing
the light on a white wall.
• Put a white and translucent filter (tracing
paper, white tissue…). Make sure the lamp
doesn’t burn the filter!
#3-‐ Reduce the intensity of a
light source and its shadow
#4-‐ Choose your outﬁt
• Don’t wear a top with patterns, dots or
stripes… it can blur your image on
• Your clothing should be contrasted with
the background so you stand out from it.
• Don’t forget not to dress too warmly, it
can get really hot under projectors.
Before recording , put a little of cold
water on your face or use some
It will help you look fresh and not too
shiny on screen.
#5-‐ Look fresh
Be confident about your work.
Train until you become confident in
front of the camera.
Your speech will be more eﬀicient
and the video will be more
pleasant to watch.
#6-‐ Stay natural
To sum up…
Find the ideal lighting
Choose your outfit wisely
Reduce light intensity and shadows
Now it’s your turn!
Create your own Rich Media videos with
Click here to know more