• Shell is a leading oil and gas producer in
the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, a
recognized pioneer in oil and gas
exploration and production technology and
one of America’s leading oil and natural
gas producers, gasoline and natural gas
marketers and petrochemical
• To reinforce our position as a leader in the
oil and gas industry in order to provide a
competitive shareholder return while
helping to meet global energy demand in
a responsible way.
• How the world’s energy system changes
over the next half century will matter a lot
to all of us, and to our children and
grandchildren even more. Shell works
towards building a responsible energy
future – in the words of our latest Strategic
Energy Scenarios, a "Blueprints" world.
• Shell competitors are primarily in the Oil &
Gas Refining, Marketing & Distribution
• Top 3 competitors
• Shell has a non-commercial blog that is
aimed at making officials stand in
compliance with Shell’s mission statement.
• Shell also has a live news feed, and a
webcast that can be accessed. This is a
huge step, and a step above many of the
Royal Dutch Shell PLC
• Shell’s Facebook isn’t as active as it
should be. There are just simple history as
well as a short description of the company.
• Shell could use more help from the social
media sources such as Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and ect.
• Shell should use the social media to
maximize their profit margin by introducing
their current and upcoming products thru
• Few methods for Shell to check if they are
1.Google Adwords - has a group of tools that
allow you to see which ads are successful by
amount of clicks they receive.
2.Google Analytics offers tools which will
allow us to track the success of the blog and
• Shell should be happy to know that the
budget for the proposal will be very
minimal due to the fact that social media
(most blogs, Facebook, Google Adwards,
Google Analytics, etc.) are free of charge.