Work in these groups
What is iconography?
• Images that ‘belong’ or are ‘associated’ with a subgenre
• It is mainly connected to Mise-en-scene (and CAM SAMC)
• What makes up MES? (anything in the frame)
• Anything with character (acting – body lang./facial expression etc)
Example: what images are associated with gangster crime?
Choose a horror subgenre in your group
Choose based on
Task 1: Iconography collage
• Create a collage made up on images that are connected to your subgenre
• CAM SAMC
-3 people: get 7-10 images each
-1 person: put together in word/ppt/online/photoshop then print in colour
*if you can’t print, e-mail to me and I’ll have on ready on Fri
Part 2: Audience Interviews
• On prezi or video
• Each person in group should interview 2 people (diff ages)
Genre they identified:
What things are associated with the
subgenre you chose:
Ask audience same questions in red.
Film on phones
Edit on online editor or here if you want
to try imovie/final cut
See next slide if doing this option.
• a) Divide by interviewees (person 1, 2, 3, 4……..8)
• B) Divide by question (q1: person 1, 2, 3…….then Q2: person 1, 2, 3….
What you learned from audience feedback
• From conducting audience feedback we learned the following:
Things to consider:
-did your images accurately represent your subgenre?
-Could your audience identify correctly?
-If not, why do you think that is?
-Did you ask audiences that are likely to know the subgenre? If not, do you think this affected their ability to identify it correctly?
-What would you have done differently?
• You need to use a range of ICT in your blogs
• You must complete as a Prezi
(this one has EVERYHING)
• Title page (Assign 3: Iconography……..and names)
• What subgenre you’re doing
• Your collage (part 1)
• Records of 8 interviews OR the embedded video (part 2)
• What you learned (bullet points) (part 3)
Incomplete or parts
No or very basic features in
Serious inaccuracies with
understanding of subgenre
Minor parts incomplete
Mostly clear presentation,
text likely to be bulky and
Some prezi features to aid
Some understanding of
subgenre with minor
Presentation is clear
Prezi features aid
presentation and show good
Evidence of learning from
Complete with detail
Presentation is clear with
carefully thought out layout
that is engaging and skilled
Excellent and advanced
features to show advances
Interviews and evaluation
reveal connections to target