Ten best excuses for not doing your homework Brought to you by tutorhub.com the online tutoring website
1. The dog ate my homeworkHmm, perhaps not the most subtle orworkable of excuses, but if you really dohave a dog…There may be more than a 0.0001% chancethat it could work?! If all else fails, youcould always bring a stool sample as proof…
2. Homework? I don’t remember getting any homeworkYou probably DO remember getting yourhomework, but your teacher doesn’t knowthat, right?
3. Ahh, I thought it was in my bag, but left it at home by accident Of course you left it at home by accident! This one is a great excuse, it’s worked a fair few times for me, anyway…
4. I didn’t understand the homework, could you explain it to me so I can give it a second go? This excuse works better more for maths or question based homework rather than essays. However, it’s a good way to hit two birds with one stone (you get help on your homework, and a deadline extension!), especially if you actually don’t understand the homework assignment!
5. My computer crashed and I didn’tsave my work / my printer stopped working With more and more people using computer based software to complete their homework, a whole new spectrum of excuses have been opened to the desperate, homework-lacking student.
6. I had too much homework from (insert subject name) class to complete the homework for you Poor you, clearly you’ve been given way too much homework by all your other teachers to do this piece! A homework overload is never a good thing.
7. Oh, I think I was absent when the homework was given out You were obviously ill when the homework was handed out in class, even though your teacher is looking at your ‘tick’ of attendance in the register!
8. I’ve been given extra-curricular activities and volunteering work outside of school If you’re doing any work or activities outside of work, hey, why not use them as an excuse for not doing your homework! It’s a pretty believable one (especially next to excuse 1.).
9. I’ve been so ill over the last fewdays, I haven’t been able to do my homework Bed ridden, feverish and unable to distinguish your cat from your sheet of homework, how on earth can you be expected to work in this state?!
10. Tell the truthAfter using all these excuses, perhaps it’stime to pull out your triumph card – thetruth.On the occasion, your teacher mayappreciate your use of the truth rather thanthe usual bombardment of (unbelievable)excuses. Use this one when you’re feelingespecially sincere (and desperate).