• About Nahan
– Company Profile
– The Nahan Value
– Trusted by Leading Companies
– Recognized for Print Excellence
• Environmental Commitment
• Our Commitment to You
• Nahan is a leading commercial printer serving
successful businesses throughout the U.S. with
high quality printing and full-service direct mail
• Nahan’s commitment to excellence is evident by its
highly trained and experienced employees,
continual investment in new equipment and
technologies, numerous national and international
awards, and unsurpassed dedication to its
customers and the success of their projects.
• To enhance our ability to exceed the needs and
expectations of our customers and employees,
Nahan is dedicated to producing a quality
product and providing dependable service
through continual improvement.
• Quality is our focus.
• We must understand our internal and external customers
needs and expectations.
• We are committed to our employees.
• Continual improvement through the development and
support of LEAN concepts and systems is our way of life.
• Employee involvement and teamwork are key to our
• We must be accountable for our actions.
• We will promote a safe work environment.
• We must know our own products and services.
• We are committed to environmentally sound practices.
• We will train employees to promote consistency.
• We recognize the importance of community involvement.
• Founded in 1962 by Jim and Helen Nahan.
• Still privately held by the Nahan family.
• Two locations – 420,000 square feet.
• Steady, strong growth; quadrupled revenues since
• Forecast continued growth.
• Internal focus on quality, exemplary customer
service, and continuous improvement.
• Proven track record for excellence.
• Strong, solid reputation.
The Nahan Value
• We are committed to understanding our customers’ needs and
exceeding their expectations in all areas, including quality,
responsiveness, innovation and service.
• Our advanced print and direct mail capabilities and highly-
skilled employees are among the best in the industry.
• We continually invest in our business, equipment, processes,
• Our dedicated service teams oversee customers’ projects from
beginning to end, ensuring excellent communication,
accessibility, and efficient management of the entire process.
• We embrace strong company values, collaboration, and a
family-owned entrepreneurial spirit that enables us to be
flexible and meet customers’ evolving needs
Our Customers, Our Pride
• Nahan’s customers are successful, growing organizations
based throughout the U.S. and abroad.
• Customers include many Fortune 500 companies and highly
prominent brands in numerous industries.
• We partner with our customers to achieve the highest possible
success for their projects including innovative solutions.
• We enjoy strong, long-term relationships with our customers.
• Customer references are available upon request.
• Sappi International Printer of the Year • International Association of Printing House
2006 International Award – Magazine Category Craftsman Gallery Of Superb Printing
• Sappi North American Printer of the Year 2008 Gold International, Three Silver and 1
2008 Silver Catalog Category Bronze Award
2007 Gold Magazine Category 2007 Gold Two and One Silver
2006 Gold Catalog Category 2006 International Gold
2006 Gold Magazine Category 2006 International Silver
• Gold Ink Awards
2008 Gold Consumer Catalog Web • Central Minnesota Printing Professionals
2007 Gold Consumer Catalog Web Galley of Superb Printing
2006 Gold Magazine Web 2008 Six Gold, Six Silver and Six Bronze
2006 Gold Consumer Catalog Web Awards
2006 Silver Consumer Magazine Web 2007 Best of Show, 11 Gold, 7 Silver and 1
Heatset Web Presses
• MAN Roland Rotoman Full Web 10 color configured to run single or
• Heidelberg Sunday M2000 High Speed Full Web 8 color configured to run
single or double web with full robotic, rotary trimming and UV coating.
• Heidelberg Harris M600 Full Web 6 color with 2 sided dry trap aqueous
coating and rotary trimming.
• Heidelberg Harris M600 Full Web 6 color with complete inline finishing
• Heidelberg Speedmaster 10 color perfector.
• Heidelberg CD 6 color press with spot or flood coating.
• Drent Vision UV 10 color press with variable cylinder repeat, UV coating,
Pattern perfing and diecutting.
• Muller Martini 8 color and 6 color presses with variable cylinder repeats
and delivery to roll, sheet or fanfold.
Ink Systems Inc.
Nahan has an in-house ink laboratory which
provides customers with additional services that
other printers cannot match. This means more
convenience, quality, and efficiency for our
• Highly pigmented inks
• Mix custom blends on site
• Make any necessary modification on site promptly
• Match critical colors on specified paper for each job
• Prepare color draw-downs for Sales, Service and
• Ink room that is staffed around-the-clock
• Adjust inks for runnablility promptly at press side
• Eliminate press down time when changes are required
• Heidelberg 28 pocket with expanded product range and Kolbus
trimmer resulting in finished books without spine tears.
• Extensive capacity and diverse inline capabilities including inside
and outside ink jet personalization, selective demographic binding,
card inserters, cover feeders, punching, 1up or 2up formats, mail
sortation and postal ready bundling.
– Muller Tempo 16 pocket
– Heidelberg 14 pocket, 8 pocket, 8 pocket
– Prima 8 pocket
• Wrap machine with shrink-wrapping, poly wrapping, labelaire and
many more capabilities.
Cutting Systems, Folding Systems and Offline Shrink Wrapping
• FTP site for efficient file transfer
• File conversion
• Address standardization and CASS certification
• Postal presorting for First Class and Standard (A) mail
• Barcode and endorsement line application
• Advanced list maintenance including merge/purge, suppressions,
coding and calculations
• Planet coding
• Mail tracking and reporting
• Total postal efficiency solutions developed on a project by project
basis delivering mail deep into the USPS system – using drop
shipments to BMC and SCF, commingling and copalletization – to
reduce postage costs and better manage in home delivery.
• OCE’ Pagestream continuous form lasers
– Simplex or duplex
– MICR capability
– 300 and 600 DPI
• Finishing from roll or fanfold with programmable cutting
• Slit and merge units
• Programmable gluing
• High speed inserting up to 10” X 13”
• C.L.I.D.E – Custom Line for Imaging and Data Engineering allowing for inline personalization,
finishing and component affixing to create specialized mail pieces.
• In addition to read and image and match mailing capabilities, we provide finishing systems to
efficiently complete your project: mail metering, stamp affixing, label and sticker affixing onto
continuous forms or single pieces, tabbing and ink jet addressing.
• Nahan is experienced and efficient in handling the delivery of
products anywhere in the world.
• Our customers span North America, from the east coast to
Hawaii, and are located in seven different time zones.
• Because of our diverse manufacturing capabilities and
customer demographics, Nahan Logistics understands the
dynamics of shipping.
• Nahan logistics can utilize LTL, Direct shipments and its own
fleet to accommodate specific client needs.
• Whether catalogs and magazines, rolls of forms, letters or self-
mailers, we consolidate all outgoing freight to provide clients
with highly cost-effective transportation for their products.
• Nahan is committed to sound environmental practices.
• We deploy a comprehensive approach to ensure strong environmental
practices in all areas of our business.
• We maintain strong employee awareness and support of environmental
initiatives and seek continuous improvement.
• We practice pollution prevention to reduce CO2 emissions and reuse or
• We strive for increased energy efficiency throughout facilities.
• We participate in industry initiatives to increase environmental awareness
and sound practices among the nation’s printers.
• Our commitment to environmentally sound practices is reflected in the
industry certifications we have achieved.
• We have earned the Forestry Stewardship Council’s Chain-of-Custody
Certification (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative Certification (SFI)
Our Commitment to You
• Nahan, a leader in high quality commercial printing and direct mail
services, is committed to exceeding your expectations and helping
you achieve optimal results.
• Our reputation, experience, expertise, growth and strong
investment in the business are your assurances of the highest
quality products and services in the industry.
• Your dedicated Nahan customer service team will ensure
exemplary support and responsive communication through all
phases of your projects.
• We welcome you to tour our facilities, meet our staff, and learn how
we can become an important part of your production team.
• We look forward to showing you the Nahan difference.